Front Line Work Force Inc. has over 20 years of human resource management experience, providing innovative workforce solutions to companies of all sizes, to meet the challenges of today's changing business environments and provide a level of service that reflects our commitment to excellence.
Combining the right people with our in house assessment software technologies ensures Front Line Work Force will successfully meet all your staffing needs. Front Line Work Force accommodates a diverse and broad based sector of staffing needs whether it's, Skilled/Unskilled Industrial Labour or Office Personnel on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis.
Whatever your 'frontline' requirements are, Front Line Work Force has the resources to meet all your requirements. Front Line Work Force specializes in the placement of individuals for all skilled trades, production, distribution, manufacturing and office support personnel throughout the GTA.
The primary role of this position is to control and monitor the scheduled production lines and obtain target production yield. In addition, the incumbent will be expected perform duties required relating to the times of heavy workload, relieving for breaks, etc. This position will also assist in tooling changeovers and maintenance activities.
The incumbent reports to the Department Manager/Supervisor. The position will be required to work alongside plant personnel from all job classifications. The Process Technicians will be measurable on results for tooling changes, machine optimization, troubleshooting, quality and efficiency. In addition, the incumbent will on occasion interface with operations, technical and maintenance personnel at other plant locations or service providers to: collaborate, learn and improve operations performance associated with the role. There may be occasions, due to seasonal demand and production requirements that work schedules may be required to change.
- Responsible to manage all aspects of the production process, from raw material through to packaging finished parts.
- Lead role in line start-ups,monitor machine performance, product quality and ensure the machine is producing at standard rates, sheet gauge, etc.
- Perform and document process checks, at the prescribed frequency.
- Adjust process to maintain consistent smooth operation.
- Responsible for some regular machine checks and minor preventative maintenance.
- Perform tooling changeovers, and maintenance activities.
- Identify equipment maintenance deficiencies that require attention (e.g. worn bushings, guards loose/missing, leaks, etc.) and notify appropriate functions.
- Communicate to Plant Management key issues
- Be fully capable of performing all aspects of machine operation and be prepared to provide break relief and support to other personnel in the plant.
- Assist in training others
- Accurately follow BOM requirements and production schedule
- Perform packaging changes
- Package production at machine rate
- Adhere to all plant safety and plant policies
- Assist in inventory control and inventory counts
- Perform functions so as to maintain housekeeping standards
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Safety performance, injury record and incident record
- Production efficiency, achieving target cycle times and change-over efficiency
- Care and condition of tooling and machinery and performance record of handling or operation.
- Product quality record
- Scrap rates
- All regular checks and measurement completed, at the prescribed frequency and documented as per established policies and work instructions
- Teamwork demonstrated during all interactions with other employees.
- Flexible to learn and perform a wide range of tasks, outside normal production duties, when required
- Effective troubleshooting of process variances, utilizing SPC techniques and disciplined problem solving approaches
- Participation in Lean manufacturing program
- Participation in issuing work orders for repairs and service required from other parties.
- Support and commitment in following company policy, written and verbal instruction
- Communication and documentation of issues
- Professional and ethical conduct
- Conduct all work in a safe manner -- think safety first
- Wear the prescribe PPE when performing all jobs
- Be aware of hazards associated with each task
- Report to the supervisor the existence of any hazard
- Ensure that all the safety policies and procedures are followed and communicated to and understood by all members of your team.
- Report and communicate any unsafe practices or working conditions encountered to your supervisor and other team members.
- Post secondary diploma in a related field (e.g. engineering, maintenance, process operations, etc.);verified equivalent to a Canadian diploma.
- Good knowledge of basic statistics and the applications of statistical tools in process control and product monitoring
- Strong hands-on experience in working with machinery and/or plastics processing.
- Basic knowledge of theories and principles that apply in Plastics Processing, Manufacturing Machinery and Tooling
- Experience, working in a related industry.
- Excellent communicator – oral and written
- Strong team player
- Background that demonstrates initiative and acceptance of full responsibility for a job
- Strong computer skills, with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Good general knowledge of PLC’s and other, computer based, machine control hardware/software
- Capable of comfortably lifting a 45 lb box from the floor, to place on a shelf 60 inches off the floor, using proper safe practice
- Capable of performing the duties described in a plant environment with high noise ( +100db and high heat areas( THI +43 )
- Experience working with maintenance hand tools
Ability to work all shifts 12 hour Continental shifts
( 7:00am - 7:00pm or 7:00pm-7:00am)
$20.00 - $23.00/hr - steady work! Overtime after 44/hrs a week.
( Plenty of Overtime available )
If you feel you meet the minimum requirements, please send resume in confidence along with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Your personal information is never sold or leased to any external company.