About the Job
Become a part of the team to build Canada’s newest fleet of Naval Fleet vessels at North America's most recently modernized shipyard!
Irving Shipbuilding, Inc., located at 3099 Barrington St., Halifax, N.S. B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Ltd. group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard. In October of 2011, Irving Shipbuilding was selected to build the Royal Canadian Navy’s new combat fleet. The combat package includes construction of 6-8 Arctic/Offshore Patrol Ships (AOPS) and 15 Canadian Surface Combatants over the next three decades.
The Marine Systems Engineer will assist in assessing stakeholder requirements associated with auxiliary and marine systems. Additionally the Marine Systems Engineer will report to the CSC Engineering Manager, and overseeing the development and completion of all auxiliary and marine systems engineering and design products associated with the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Project.
This is a fulltime, permanent staff role (one opening) located in Halifax, N.S.
- Validate that the marine/mechanical systems requirements are accurately captured in the CSC design requirements documentation
- Assist in management of the mechanical systems requirements
- Support of technical, requirements and design reviews meetings both internally and externally
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified mechanical/marine Engineering with significant Naval marine experience
- Familiarizations with Classification Society Rules
- Minimum of 10 years relevant leadership experience in Naval marine environment
- Knowledge of working with a Government and Naval customer base
- Strong sense of working through a team
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
For further information please contact Emily Snow at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.