About the Job
Electrical Systems Engineer, CSC
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
The Electrical Systems Engineer will assist in managing and overseeing the Electrical engineering and design products associated with the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) Project.
This is a fulltime, permanent staff role (one opening) located in Halifax NS
- Validate that the electrical systems requirements are accurately captured in the CSC design requirements documentation
- Assist in management of the electrical systems requirements
- Support of technical, requirements and design reviews meetings both internally and externally
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Electrical Engineering with significant Naval marine experience
- Familiarizations with Classification Society Rules
- Minimum of 4 years relevant leadership experience in Naval environment
- Knowledge of working with a Government and Naval customer base
- Strong sense of working through a team
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary commensurate with the experience of the Candidate and benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental and vision.
For further information please contact Emily Snow @ Snow.Emily@jdirving.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.