Associate – Graphic Designer/ Graphic Artist/ Multimedia Designer, Bell Mobility
Professional Management Program
CREATIVE AT THE PMP
Bell Mobility is seeking talented Graphic Designers to join its Creative team for its acclaimed unpaid internship at the Professional Management Program (PMP) in its state of the art Mississauga campus. Advance your graphic portfolio while being part of a major Canadian brand in a boutique MAC/PC setting. Gain valuable experience in graphic design and media concepts ranging from studio to commercial print design production in a multi-disciplinary environment fully equipped for professional photographers, videographers, copywriters, graphic designers, and 3D animators.
Candidates from Graphic Communications, Graphic Design, Illustration, Image Arts, Photography, Videography, Art & Art History, CCIT, 3D Animation, Film, Fine Arts, Illustration, and Film and Sound Editing are all encouraged to apply as projects may be customized to the candidate’s strengths and pre-dispositions. Associates and staff come from over 40 countries and world-renowned institutions like the New York Film Academy, Parsons, New York Institute of Photography, and Harvard.
The PMP is a holistic career transition for those with relevant experience garnered from academic, business or personal pursuits. This endorsed program can also meet requirements for co-op and practicum courses of post secondary and post-graduate schools.
A PORTFOLIO OF OPPORTUNITIES
- Build your graphic portfolio with various collaterals, both print and new media, captured from one of North America’s most innovative professional development programs.
- Apply the graphic communications theories and practices you have gained from your educational and personal experience in a highly dynamic team based setting.
- Interact with other graphic designers and receive guidance, feedback and trade tips for a well-rounded developmental experience and stay abreast of design trends.
- Learn from and network with the Creative team consisting of videographers, 3D-animators, photographers and other graphic designers.
GREAT COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- Promotional Materials to convey various marketing strategies through a variety of graphics communications.
- Diverse Projects in multimedia design and graphic production ranging from brochures, banners, letters, business cards, information packages, welcome kits, flash animations, promotional videos, etc.
- Produce original graphic elements for use in executive presentations, campaigns and miscellaneous assignments (i.e. presentation pamphlets and reports).
- Research and Test new software, hardware and applications to promote better and faster processes for the graphic design team.
- Utilize and Develop printing processes with sophisticated in-house printing equipment.
- Storyboard and Script promotional video and flash animation content alongside Associates from the Creative, Media & Communications and Marketing departments.
- Assist and Collaborate with Photographers to deliver graphic elements to a desired look for specific collaterals.
- Maintain and Revise templates for internal communications.
- Project Collaboration on multi-media outputs within cross-functional teams throughout the creative – graphic design lifecycle including concept, staging, post production and final output for print and digital formats.
ADVANCED TOOLS IN A HIGH TECH ENVIRONMENT
- Trial a wide variety of professional equipment to develop your technical skill set. Gear includes dual-monitor workstations outfitted with 27-inch Core i7 iMacs and 27-inch LED Cinema Display, Apple Magic Trackpad, Wacom Intuos4 tablet, Galaxy Tablet Xerox Phaser7760 laser printer, Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II professional photo printers, Epson Stylus PRO 4880, HP DesignJet Z6100 42" and 60" plotters, Panasonic AG AF100 HD cinema camera with interchangeable 15 lenses (e.g Nikkor AFS 105 Micro), 6 High-definition video cameras (Canon Vixia HFS-100’s), 10’ and 20’ green screen and backdrops. Brands include Apple, Epson, Panasonic, Canon, Sennheiser, Canon, Xerox and HP.
- Be inspired by and contribute to our database of 100,000+ stock and program photos, and access 1500 sq ft. of storage space housing props, event staging and costumes.
- Experiment with innovative post production techniques using advanced workstations equipped with dual HD monitors and current design software packages like Adobe CS5.
- Have access to high end commercial grade printers, professional photo printers, 42" and 60" wide HP plotters and industry standard photo laser printers.
- Gain appreciation for new interactive tools such as our digital publishing solution for devices ranging from tablets to large 55" multi-touch interactive screens.
HOLISTIC PROFESSIONAL ENGAGEMENT
- Be recognized for your impressive graphic design work which can be displayed across various media formats including digital signage, our PMP Gallery and other interactive channels.
- Develop a strong appreciation for corporate brand guidelines, while expressing your graphic and creative freedom.
- Increase your productivity through practicing our established graphic communications development processes and understanding client needs from our creative briefs.
- Gain experience and knowledge through developing and facilitating Creative workshops within our advanced Learning Lab outfitted with i7 Macbooks and large multi-touch screens.
INNOVATIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Complementing the opportunity in Graphic Design, the PMP provides substantial professional and personal development based on our highly acclaimed interactive workshops, media-rich events, career coaching and guest speakers in an engaging environment.
Throughout this developmental opportunity in a corporate environment you will receive on-the-job training,cross-functional team exposure, supportive mentorship and access to our customized reference process for career and academic pursuits. Successful associates have garnered exceptionally high placement rates within Bell and many small to large organization, as well as with various graduate programs around the globe.
Alongside understanding the dynamic telecommunications industry, you will continuously participate in projects aimed at strengthening the program, your peers and ultimately your own development to become a well-rounded professional.
Visit http://www.thepmp.ca for a complete brochure of our key benefits and opportunities
- Positive attitude, motivated, organized and outgoing personality.
- Great communication skills, detailed-oriented, problem solver, critical thinking abilities.
- Performs well in a rapidly evolving environment with strict deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (preferably CS5).
- Background with Flash, After Effects and Premiere an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to translate documents and presentations with effective typographic skill.
- Helpful qualifications include fluency in French, vehicle access and evening/weekend availability
- Print or electronic portfolios should be presented at your interview
To view our portfolios and more information about the Creative Department, please visit:
Apply now athttp://www.thepmp.ca, attaching your resume and cover letter.
With our 96% satisfaction rate and high referral levels, the PMP receives significant applications daily. Due to the thorough nature of the recruitment process, we appreciate your patience. We thank all interested applicants; only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Reference: Graphic Design, Digital Illustration, Multimedia Design
Application Code: Graphic Designer, Digital Illustrator, Graphic Artist
Preference is given to applicants who possess aptitude or experience in any of the following: graphic elements, multimedia, creative concepts, creative design, campaign management, painting, fine arts, art illustration, image sourcing, image manipulation, page build and layout, web design and maintenance, and brand management.