H&R Block is a leader in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for a Business Analyst to manage a range of processes currently in use at H&R Block as well as lead projects for new system developments. This position is located at the head office in the Midnapore area (S.E. Calgary).
Responsibilities of this exciting position include:
· Work with users to understand needs and develop plans for meeting those needs.
· Develop project plans specifically around deliverables
· Produce project charter, scope documents and conceptual design documents.
· Lead activities during analysis, design, construction and testing, implementation and support phases of projects.
· Perform process definition, conduct analysis and improvement studies.
· Prioritize requirements based on business user needs and project constraints.
· Design screens and reports in collaboration with business users and technical resources.
· Communicate and set priorities on deliverables; resolve conflicts
· Work with vendors to ensure that system requirements and integration to present systems are understood.
· Work with QA testing resources to coordinate the execution of test plans and scripts.
· Provide subject matter expertise around key business applications and/or processes.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in business management or systems development; or Business Analyst or Project Management accreditation; or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
· Minimum 4 to 6years’ experience as a business analyst and/or project manager with an emphasis on technology
· Knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
· Exposure to client/server and/or web development environments.
· Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple projects.
· Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite, flowcharting software, and project management software such as Microsoft Project
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com