Responsible for Distribution facility design to include layout, product flow, product slotting, throughput, productivity, ergonomics and safety.
KPI reporting, continuous improvement, issue resolution, and financial adjustments within various accounts, inclusive of labour and other related operating cost. Data analysis to support continuous improvement and the identification of non compliance. Support Distribution Manager key initiatives relating to safety, on time delivery and cost.
Development of tools, reports and processes to optimize work flow. Ability to collect data and or data mine in order to support various initiatives. Exposure and understanding of Transportation Management and Dedicated Contract Carrier business. Assist peers with design efforts inclusive of racking to full warehouse automation. Able to work on various projects simultaneously for various stack holders.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facility design and layout
- Product Slotting
- Material Handler Equipment selection / optimization
- Racking/elevation and Flow design
- Productivity optimization
- Systems integration for order drop, picking processes
- Integration with Transportation Management and Dedicated Contract Carriers activities
- Data integrity and KPI Reporting
- Financial reporting & Budgeting
- CI report, tool creation and support
- Establishes and implements performance measures
EXPERTISE WITH:Automation / SortationProductivity Improvement Labor standards – time studies and MOSTHeadcount Rationization and ForecastingLean and 6 Sigma Material Handler Equipment, Racking and Warehousing standardsSystems and pick methods – RF, Voice, Pick to Light, Robotic, etc. Supply Chain metrics Data Profiling and Data MiningProcess Flow Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA)Identifies process gaps. recommends and implements process improvement
- Position reports directly to Logistics Project Manager as well as Engineering Manager.
- Direct Reports: None
- Close interaction with team members from functional disciplines in VP’s, Directors, DCL, Location Managers, HR Managers & Directors, Finance Managers & Directors, Accounting Managers & Directors, Employees, Business Partners, and Customers.
- A university degree or college diploma required in Engineering or equivalent.
- CIFFA and or P.Log an asset.
- 5 years of related engineering and business experience required.
- CIFFA and or P.Log an asset. Experience working on large and complex warehouse designs, layouts and processes a must.
- Experience using multiple methods, systems, degrees of technology as asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), AutoCAD and SAP required.
- Dynamic, confident, highly self driven professional who can work well in fast paced environments with the ability to work autonomously
- Proven ability to collaborate and build credibility with multiple business partners and to successfully manage multiple projects and customers with the ability to optimize and propose detailed and efficient solutions for various options for multiple buildings, and assist with Business case development for various projects.
- Fast paced environment where multiple projects/scenarios, improvement initiatives may be occurring simultaneously.
- Requires high performing technical skills and warehouse design and optimization skill-sets.
- Interacts with internal and external customers on KPI development and results, as well as CI initiatives.
- Ability to roll-out and support Lean initiatives.
- Bilingual, spoken and written (French and English), an asset