Vitrum Industries, an established fabricator of architectural glass products, seeks to engage a Human Resources Generalist to be the primary point of contact for all human resources issues in areas such as employee relations, recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, organizational development, performance management and safety. Vitrum Industries currently employees 300+ employees (approximately 250 union employees) in Langley, BC at its 200,000 square foot manufacturing facility.
- Advise and assist managers and employees in the interpretation and implementation of company policies and procedures, collective agreements and / or legislation.
- Assist managers in drafting job descriptions
- Develop and maintain a manpower and cross training database
- Recruit, hire and orient new employees.
- Counsel management and proactively participating in the handling of employee complaints and grievances.
- Provide support to managers in the areas of performance management, discipline and HR best practices.
- Deal with attendance issues and return-to-work programs.
- Perform injury investigations
- Conduct monthly safety meetings
- Work on various projects including research and development of policies, and assist in making cultural changes to create a positive, high energy work environment.
- Post-secondary (undergraduate) degree in Labour Relations / Human Resources or related field such as Business Administration.
- CHRP designation is an asset but NOT required.
- Strong leadership skills as well as the ability to present complex situations in a clear and simple way
- Experienced project management skills and an ability to work efficiently and multi-task in a high volume, results-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Impeccable organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Tact, diplomacy, mature judgement and creative problem solving skills are essential.
- Strong working knowledge of employment standards and other regulatory legislation.
- Proficient computer skills, at the advanced level - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
Please state position applied for as “Human Resources” and send resume by Email or Fax to Vitrum Industries Ltd.
Please DO NOT phone about this position.
We appreciate all expressions of interest, however, as a practical matter, only select candidates whose backgrounds best match our client's requirements will be contacted. All resumes are retained and treated confidentially for consideration against future opportunities.