Merchandising Associates are the rare breed of highly organized and highly creative. Maintaining an organized stockroom is key to this position. You keep the sales floor neat and well stocked, making sure product displays are always ready to shop. You’re also incredibly accurate and efficient. Reporting to the Merchandising Manager, you work as part of a very talented visual team that sets the stage for striking merchandise store design. In this role, you utilize your design talent by executing visual displays to support the iconic look of our stores. Positive attitude, sense of enthusiasm and ability to multitask are musts for every day.
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by maintaining the sales floor and stockroom and facilitate the flow of product in order to provide an engaging experience to every customer, every time.
- Maintain and stock the sales floor, including sales counters and all store displays and uprights/shelves, understanding the priorities of stocking, signage and cleaning.
- Assist with display changes under the direction of the merchandising manager or merchandising team lead.
- Assist the merchandising manager to complete essential inventory control functions in an effort to support financial and inventory accuracy.
- Safely operate and maintain all stockroom equipment and tools and keep equipment in good working order.
- Safely process and assist with customer pick-up orders.
- Perform general maintenance of the store.
- Maintain lighting in the store.
- Maintain an awareness of current product in all departments.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Actively participate in weekly merchandising meetings, store meetings and training sessions.
- Perform duties associated with receiving and processing the truck.
- Participate in the execution of the store window displays.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Assist and support the execution of the store’s seasonal and weekly floor plans under the direction of the merchandising manager.
- Support an engaged customer experience by maintaining an organized and efficient stockroom.
- Maintain awareness and demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of computers, systems and programs relevant to the position.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems.
- Stock, Distribution Center, or retail experience preferred
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent preferred
- Good reading and written language skills (English)
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain flexibility
- Basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 65 pounds: heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.