Piping stress engineers to work on mineral processing projects using Autopipe software package.
Under general supervision, the piping stress engineers apply an extensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in piping stress related work, and make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods.
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Perform piping stress analyses for pressure piping systems in mineral processing plants using Autopipe software package
- Perform piping stress analysis of piping systems that consist of grooved fittings which are typically used in mineral processing plants.
- Perform piping stress analysis of simple systems by visual inspection with quick manual calculations if needed.
- Design special piping supports that are not within the standards being used on the project.
- Provide technical support/consultation during the completion of the design phase and during the construction phase.
- Mechanical Engineering degree with a minimum of 10 years of continuous hands-on piping stress analysis experience with Autopipe software.
- Experience in a mining/metals/oil and gas engineering consulting environment is an asset.
- Construction/field piping stress analysis experience is an asset.
- Familiar with piping line class specifications.
- Detailed knowledge of ASME B31.3 Process Piping code.
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team player but also able to work independently
- Professional registration in a province in Canada is preferred
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online at www.fluor.com/careers Please apply to req# 51345BR. Fluor values the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.