Associate – GIS Application Developer, Bell Mobility
Professional Management Program
Bell Mobility is seeking talented individuals to join the Geo-Spatial Analysis (GSA) team for its acclaimed full time unpaid developmental opportunity at the Professional Management Program (PMP) in its state of the art Mississauga campus. Advance your GSA industry knowledge and skills while being part of a major Canadian brand in an advanced GIS setting. Gain valuable experience ranging from map creation, GIS database management and geospatial analysis in a multi-disciplinary environment equipped for those looking to build their technical and geospatial analytical skills.
Candidates from Geography, Urban Planning, Geomatics, Civil Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Spatial Analysis, Computer Science and Environmental Studies are all encouraged to apply as projects may be customized to the candidate’s strengths and pre-dispositions. Associates and staff come from over 40 countries and recognized institutions like Ryerson University’s Masters of Spatial Analysis Program, Harvard, MIT and the Indian Institute of Technology and Beijing University of Technology.
The PMP is a holistic career transition for those with relevant experience garnered from academic, business or personal pursuits. This endorsed program can also meet requirements for co-op and practicum courses of post secondary and post graduate schools.
A PORTFOLIO OF OPPORTUNITIES
- Apply GIS/programming skills and geographic marketing theories gained from your education and personal experience in a highly dynamic team based setting.
- Develop solutions on GIS software such as ESRI ArcGIS Platform.
- Interact and network with other GSA Associates and receive guidance, feedback and industry tips for a well rounded personal and professional developmental experience.
- Network with other professionals in the geospatial industry and keep yourself updated with the latest GIS industry software, technology, methods and capabilities.
- GIS Conferences and Webinars hosted by companies like DMTI and ESRI, may be available subject to program offerings.
GREAT COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- Participate in various studies and projects conducted by the Geo-Spatial Analysts for better understanding of type of the work.
- Examine the workflow within the Geo-Spatial Analysis team and improve the efficiency with customized tools.
- Research/Development of geospatial mobile apps for BlackBerry, iPhones and Android-powered phones for field intelligence.
- Investigation of Web cartographic (mapping) for possible internal/external use.
- GIS-based Workshops. Attend and facilitate our Visual Analytics curriculum of GIS related topics such as Retail Layout, Ad Messaging and Out-of-Home Advertising for better understanding of the use of GIS in market analyses.
- Field Studies including the collection and organization of spatial-based data such as Points of Interest (POI), ad placement and traffic for neighbourhood and retail studies drive strategic GSA reports and initiatives.
ADVANCED GIS DEVELOPER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on customization of GIS-related software such as ArcGIS, MapInfo, Google Earth Pro, Geo-Pinpoint, AutoCAD Map 3D, and 3D Sketch-up.
- Investigate a method of automating spatial processing algorithms.
- Take part in our advanced curriculum and learn how to function through Microsoft Access, SQL Server, SPSS and ArcSDE as a platform for larger geospatial datasets for better understanding of advanced use of spatial database management systems in business intelligence.
- Experiment with different GIS software extensions to provide more powerful method of spatial analysis such as Maplex, Arc2Earth and Data Interoperability.
- Understand advanced analytical processes such as Market Segmentation or Trade Area Analysis to perform advanced manipulation of the GIS user interface.
HOLISTIC PROFESSIONAL ENGAGEMENT
- Display your work through various channels including executive-level GIS research reports, PMP’s digital signage, and visual presentations for the MAI staff.
- Develop a strong sense of our data policies and confidentiality through a variety of geo-database management techniques and workshops.
- Gain experience and knowledge through developing and facilitating GSA workshops within our advanced Learning Lab outfitted with i7 Macbooks and large multi-touch screens.
- Make use of our 42" and 62" wide HP Plotters capable of producing 5’x15’ wide maps; employ Garmin GPS devices for accurate geo-coding for field study data collection and leverage our 55" multi-touch screen for thematic GIS maps and applications
- Engage in a balanced developmental experience in GIS Application Development with complementary hands-on work within Spatial Data Creation and Quality Assurance, Field Study Engagement and GIS Map Creation
INNOVATIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Complementing the opportunity in Geo-Spatial Analysis, the PMP provides substantial professional and personal development based on our highly acclaimed interactive workshops, media-rich events, career coaching and guest speakers in an engaging environment.
Throughout this developmental opportunity in a corporate environment you will receive on-the-job training, cross-functional team exposure, supportive mentorship and access to our customized reference process for career and academic pursuits. Successful associates have garnered exceptionally high placement rates within Bell and many small to large organization, as well as with various graduate programs around the globe.
Alongside understanding the dynamic telecommunications industry, you will continuously participate in projects aimed at strengthening the program, your peers, and ultimately your own development to become a well-rounded professional.
Visit http://www.thepmp.ca for a complete brochure of our key benefits and opportunities.
- Positive attitude, motivated, organized
- Great communication skills, detailed-oriented, problem solver, critical thinking abilities
- Performs well in a rapidly evolving environment with strict deadlines
- Experience in .NET, Visual Basic 6 or C++
- Knowledge of ArcObjects and geoprocessing is an asset
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE and/or MapInfo, AutoCAD and Map3D is an asset
- Applicants with Retail/Sales/Advertising & Market Research experience are encouraged to apply
- Helpful qualifications include fluency in French, vehicle access and evening/weekend availability
To view our capabilities and more information about the GSA Department, please visit:
Apply now at http://www.thepmp.ca , attaching your resume and cover letter.
With our 96% satisfaction rate and high referral levels, the PMP receives significant applications daily, for this full time unpaid opportunity. Due to the thorough nature of the recruitment process, we appreciate your patience. We thank all interested applicants; only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Reference: GIS, Geo-Spatial Analyst, Geography Marketing Analysis, Technician, Modeling, Cartographic
Application Code: GSA, GIS, Geography, Geo-Spatial Analyst, Cartographic Technician, GIS Technician, Modeling Analyst, Geomatics specialist
Preference is given to applicants who possess aptitude or experience in any of the following: Geography, Urban Planning, Geomatics, Civil Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Spatial Analysis, Computer Science, Environmental Studies map creation, GIS database management and geospatial analysis, geospatial analytical skills.