Associate – Photography/Photographer and Post Production, Bell Mobility
Professional Management Program
CREATIVE AT THE PMP
Bell Mobility is seeking talented photographers to join its Creative- Photography team for its acclaimed unpaid internship at the Professional Management Program (PMP) in its state of the art Mississauga campus. Advance your portfolio while being part of a major Canadian brand in a boutique MAC/PC setting. Gain valuable experience ranging from studio to commercial print production in a multi-disciplinary environment fully equipped for professional photographers, videographers, copywriters, graphic designers and 3D animators.
Candidates from Photography, Videography, Art & Art History, CCIT, Graphic Communications, Graphic Design, Illustration, Image Arts, Film, Film and Sound Editing are all encouraged to apply as artistic projects may be customized to the candidate’s strengths and pre-dispositions. Associates and staff come from over 40 countries and world-renowned institutions like the New York Film Academy, Parsons, New York Institute of Photography and Harvard.
The PMP is a holistic career transition for those with relevant experience garnered from academic, business or personal pursuits. This endorsed program can also meet requirements for co-op and practicum courses of post secondary and post graduate schools.
A PORTFOLIO OF OPPORTUNITIES
- Build your portfolio with photos captured from one of North America’s most innovative professional development programs with other passionate photographers.
- Apply the creative photography and lighting techniques that you have learned from your educational and personal experience in a highly dynamic team based creative setting.
- Engage in a broad range of shoots with other photographers from portrait, product, event, architecture, environment and people within our studio, campus buildings and outdoor settings.
- Interact with other photographers/videographers and receive guidance, feedback and trade tips for a well rounded developmental experience in a highly interactive creative setting.
- Learn from and network with the Creative team consisting of graphic designers, 3D-animators, videographers and other photographers.
GREAT COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- Diverse Product Shoots to showcase all our program offerings from technology to food (e.g. Exquisite desserts, food dishes (creative shots), new smart-phones, tablets, computer hardware, accessories, gadget photo shoots).
- Associate Photo shoots involving portrait, fashion, commercial and corporate imagery. On/off location shooting taken within ambient, studio and mixed lighting scenarios.
- Inputs for Promotional Materials including promotional banners, campaigns, video, and print/digital collateral. Potential subjects include people, products architecture, campus and other outdoor scenes.
- PMP Event Capture including social meetings, workshops, guest speakers and Interactive Collaboration activities (e.g. Amazing Chase, Scavenger Hunt, Dragon's Lair).
- Scouting locations for photo/video shoots and other promotional backdrops on-campus and within the GTA.
- Project Collaboration on multi-media outputs within cross-functional teams throughout the creative lifecycle including concept, staging, post production and final output for print and digital formats.
ADVANCED TOOLS IN A HIGH TECH ENVIRONMENT
- Trial a wide variety of professional equipment to develop your personal preferences in brands and gear. Gear includes 15 lenses (e.g Nikkor AFS 105 Micro), lighting (e.g. Profoto 600), accessories/light modifiers, green screen and backdrops. Brands include Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, Profoto, Elinchrom, White Lightning, Chimera and Sekonic.
- Be inspired by and contribute to our database of 100,000+ stock and program photos, and access 1500 sq ft. of storage space housing props, event staging and costumes.
- Experiment with innovative post production techniques using advanced workstations equipped with dual HD monitors and current software packages like Adobe CS5.
- Have access to high end commercial grade printers, professional photo printers, 42" and 62" wide HP plotters and industry standard photo laser printers.
- Gain appreciation for new interactive tools such as our digital publishing solution for devices ranging from tablets to large 55" multi-touch interactive screens.
HOLISTIC PROFESSIONAL ENGAGEMENT
- Be recognized for your impressive work which can be displayed across various media format including digital signage, our PMP Gallery and other interactive channels.
- Develop a strong appreciation for corporate brand guidelines, while expressing your creative freedom.
- Increase your productivity through practicing our established photographic development processes and understanding client needs from our creative briefs.
- Gain experience and knowledge through developing and facilitating Creative workshops within our advanced Learning Lab outfitted with i7 Macbooks and large multi-touch screens.
INNOVATIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Complementing the opportunity in Photography, the PMP provides substantial professional and personal development based on our highly acclaimed interactive workshops, media-rich events, career coaching and guest speakers in an engaging environment.
Throughout this developmental opportunity in a corporate environment you will receive on-the-job training,cross-functional team exposure, supportive mentorship and access to our customized reference process for career and academic pursuits. Successful associates have garnered exceptionally high placement rates within Bell and many small to large organization, as well as with various graduate programs around the globe.
Alongside understanding the dynamic telecommunications industry, you will continuously participate in projects aimed at strengthening the program, creative/photography initiatives, your peers, and ultimately your own development to become well-rounded professionals.
Visit http://www.thepmp.ca for a complete brochure of our key benefits and opportunities
- Positive attitude, motivated, organized and outgoing personality
- Great communication skills, detailed-oriented, problem solver, critical thinking abilities
- Performs well in a rapidly evolving environment with strict deadlines
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (preferably CS5)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Photographers should be familiar with product, event and portrait photography
- Helpful qualifications include fluency in French, vehicle access and evening/weekend availability
- Print or electronic portfolios should be presented at your interview
To view our portfolios and more information about the Creative Department, please visit:
Apply now at http://www.thepmp.ca, attaching your resume and cover letter.
With our 96% satisfaction rate and high referral levels, the PMP receives significant applications daily. Due to the thorough nature of the recruitment process, we appreciate your patience. We thank all interested applicants; only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Reference: Creative Photographer / Photography and Creative Design
Application Code: Photographer and Post Production Associate
Preference is given to applicants who possess the aptitude and experience in any of the following: Photography, Post Production, Studio Shots, Web Design, Digital Interface Implementation, Motion Graphics, Graphic Design, Graphic Communications, and New Media