Associate- Flash Designer, Bell Mobility
Professional Management Program
CREATIVE AT THE PMP
Flash Designer at The PMP
Bell Mobility is seeking talented Flash Designers to join the Creative team for its acclaimed unpaid internship at the Professional Management Program (PMP) in our state of the art Mississauga campus. Advance your portfolio while being part of a major Canadian brand in a boutique MAC/PC setting. Gain valuable experience in multimedia ranging from studio to commercial print production in a multi-disciplinary environment fully equipped for professional photographers, videographers, copywriters, graphic designers and 3D animators.
Candidates from Graphic Design, Graphic Communications, Illustration, Web Design, Art & Art History, CCIT, Image Arts, Film and Sound Editing, and New Media are all encouraged to apply as projects may be customized to the candidate’s strengths and pre-dispositions. Associates and staff come from over 40 countries and world-renowned institutions like the New York Film Academy, Parsons, New York Institute of Photography and Harvard.
The PMP is a holistic career transition for those with relevant experience garnered from academic, business or personal pursuits. This endorsed program can also meet requirements for co-op and practicum courses of post-secondary and post-graduate schools.
A PORTFOLIO OF OPPORTUNITIES
- Build your flash portfolio using content and visuals captured from one of North America’s most innovative professional development programs.
- Apply the fundamentals motion graphics and flash design that you have learned from your educational and personal experience in a creative and highly dynamic team based setting.
- Interact with other print and digital designers, and receive guidance, feedback, and trade tips for a well-rounded developmental experience and to stay abreast of design trends.
- Learn from and network with the Creative team consisting of graphic designers, 3D-animators, photographers and videographers.
GREAT COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS
- Develop frontend design and interactive components for database driven web content.
- Produce web graphics and interactive components using the current versions of Flash, Dreamweaver, After Effects and other industry-standard motion graphics and multimedia software.
- Promotional Materials and multi-media projects comprising of banners, campaigns, video, animations and digital/print based collateral.
- PMP Event Support including interactive creative content for social meetings, workshops, guest speakers and Interactive Collaboration activities (e.g. Amazing Chase, Scavenger Hunt, Dragon's Lair).
- Project Collaboration on multi-media outputs within cross-functional teams throughout the creative lifecycle including concept, staging, post production and final output for print and digital formats.
ADVANCED TOOLS IN A HIGH TECH ENVIRONMENT
- Experiment with innovative developments in the digital media industry while using advanced workstations equipped with dual HD monitors and current software packages like Adobe CS5.
- Showcase your videos, animations, and motion graphics through the program’s digital signage platform.
- Maintain and develop an internal digital signage solution that includes a network of over 20 large screen HD displays throughout the PMP, a content management system for administering multimedia content and program messaging, and backend support through our ICT Software department.
- Gain appreciation for new interactive tools such as our digital publishing solution for devices ranging from tablets to large 55" multi-touch interactive screens.
- Opportunity to produce digital motion content for multiple platforms including the latest Android, Apple, and Blackberry devices. (iPhone, iPad, TAB, Atrix, Playbook)
- Be inspired by and contribute to our database of 100,000+ stock and program photos, multimedia digital content, and access 1500 sq ft. of storage space housing props, event staging and costumes.
- Have access to high end design tools and resources that include commercial grade printers, professional photo printers, 42" and 62" wide HP plotters and industry standard photo laser printers.
HOLISTIC PROFESSIONAL ENGAGEMENT
- Be recognized for your impressive work which can be displayed across various media format including digital signage, our PMP Gallery and other interactive channels.
- Develop a strong appreciation for corporate brand guidelines, while expressing your creative and design freedom.
- Increase your productivity through our workflow and development processes and understand client needs from our creative briefs.
- Gain experience and knowledge through developing and facilitating Creative workshops within our advanced Learning Lab outfitted with i7 Macbooks and large multi-touch screens.
INNOVATIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Complementing the opportunity in Flash design, the PMP provides substantial professional and personal development based on our highly acclaimed interactive workshops, media-rich events, career coaching and guest speakers in an engaging environment.
Throughout this developmental opportunity in a corporate environment you will receive on-the-job training,cross-functional team exposure, supportive mentorship and access to our customized reference process for career and academic pursuits. Successful associates have garnered exceptionally high placement rates within Bell and many small to large organization, as well as with various graduate programs around the globe.
Alongside understanding the dynamic telecommunications industry, you will continuously participate in flash related projects aimed at strengthening the program, your peers and ultimately your own development to become a well-rounded professional.
Visit http://www.thepmp.ca for a complete brochure of our key benefits and opportunities
- Positive attitude, motivated, organized and outgoing personality
- Great communication skills, detailed-oriented, problem solver, critical thinking abilities
- Performs well in a rapidly evolving environment with strict deadlines
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (preferably CS5), emphasis on Flash, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Helpful qualifications include fluency in French, vehicle access and evening/weekend availability
- Print or electronic portfolios should be presented at your interview
To view our portfolios and more information about the Creative Department, please visit:
Apply now at http://www.thepmp.ca, attaching your resume and cover letter.
With our 96% satisfaction rate and high referral levels, the PMP receives significant applications daily. Due to the thorough nature of the recruitment process, we appreciate your patience. We thank all interested applicants; only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Reference: Flash Design
Application Code: Flash Designer, Flash Design Associate
Preference is given to applicants who possess the aptitude and experience in any of the following: Web Design, Digital Interface Implementation, Motion Graphics, Graphic Design, Graphic Communications, and New Media