Telecom Installation TechnicianS.E. Telecommunications has been providing Business Telephony solutions to the GTA and surrounding areas for 13 years. We represent Avaya, ShoreTel, Nortel, and Polycom as well as a range of other popular manufacturers.
If you are a self-starter who can work independently, keep a regular schedule, are well organized, able to prioritize assignments, meet client and team deadlines, communicate well in writing and in person in a professional manner then this might the position for you.
Our company culture is based on team work, respect, and continuous improvement. Our compensation packages reward individual and team results.
The chosen individual will be responsible for the design, installation, programming, maintenance, and support of Avaya and Shoretel business telephone systems. Experience with other systems such as Cisco, Nortel Norstar and Nortel BCM is an asset.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform moves, adds, changes and repairs to customers key, pbx, and VoIP systems.
- Provide training on operations and features of customers key, pbx, and VoIP systems.
- Capable of completing and understanding voice and data cabling.
- Thoroughly completes documentation in a timely manner.
- Service, support, maintain and administer business telephone systems, which include but are not limited to: Nortel, Avaya, and Shoretel PBX telephone systems
- Public Address and overhead paging systems
- Uninterrupted Power Systems (UPS)
- Gate phones and intercom systems
- Building elevator communications systems
- Outstanding research skills for the purpose of providing up to date technological approaches/recommendations of current solutions
- Strong customer service skills. Must be patient and empathetic.
- Ability to provide support to customers over the telephone, remote connect, or onsite.
- Knowledge of Nortel, Avaya, and Shoretel business telephone system design and programming
- Advanced telephony knowledge
- Knowledge of data networks and VoIP protocols
- Knowledge of wiring color code and installation standards for structured cabling
- Knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft word, excel, and laptop programs that interface with telecom equipment
- Excellent technical and troubleshooting skills
- Committed to providing a high level of customer service
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to interact well with co-workers and business associates
- Able to perform tasks independently with limited supervision
- Able to handle multiple tasks, prioritizing and accurately complete them
- Ability to be bonded and pass a police security clearance
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle in reliable working condition
- Strong oral and written communications skills, with a keen attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Telecommunication diploma or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Avaya IP Office, ShoreTel, Nortel and Voip experience and or certifications or 5+ years’ experience in the field
- Certification for cabling or 5+ years’ experience in the field