Join the software and solutions innovator behind the world’s top retail brands!
Aptos: Engaging customers—and our colleagues—differently.
Aptos. It’s the new name for the most experienced team of technology professionals in retail and the industry’s most advanced omni-channel solutions. Formerly Epicor Retail, Aptos leverages close to 45 years of experience, best practices and innovation to drive competitive advantage and growth at more than 500 of the world’s most iconic retail brands, from Aeropostale and BCBG to Urban Outfitters and Vitamin Shoppe. You can too!
At Aptos, we engage our customers differently. Through innovation and deep collaboration, we enable them to engage their customers differently by understanding who they are, what they want and why they buy, then optimizing a complete range of processes to meet their expectations. We also engage our colleagues differently, in an exciting environment that fosters and rewards teamwork, advancement, and professional growth.
As a member of the Professional Services team you will be involved in multiple customer-facing projects and will be responsible for the installation and successful delivery of Aptos’ Point of Sale / Store application.
- Install and upgrade Aptos Point of Sale / Store solutions
- Configure, document, and test Aptos Store software
- Define and document implementation technical requirements
- Log, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical issues during project implementations (e.g. application, interfaces, operating systems, networks, hardware)
- Consult with clients on POS technical best practices
- Install and configure Windows operating systems, SQL Server and POS peripheral drivers
- Install and configure Handheld wireless devices
- Act as primary technical point of contact for clients and other project team members
- Monitor and report project progress
- Support client testing activities
- Train client IT personnel on system monitoring and system management
- Support client in initial production stage and prepare project for transition to Client Care Services
- Manage client expectations and timeline commitments
- Experience implementing and/or supporting Retail Store systems
- Knowledge of server, hardware, and network technology
- Strong troubleshooting methodology/skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows® desktop and server operating systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2015
- 3+ years of experience working on large projects
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Able to work independently as well as on project teams for large accounts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure and responds with a sense of urgency; remains flexible and effectively and quickly adjusts to shifting priorities
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Retail operations experience or knowledge
- Strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of POS peripherals
- Project management experience
- Programming experience (C#, Visual Basic, .NET)
- MIS degree or equivalent
- MCSE certification
Requisition Number: 72
Aptos is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.