Get similar jobs by email for
Software Developer – Business ...
Are you an enthusiastic Software Engineer looking to help enhance Esri’s software system that is used worldwide by thousands of organizations? Work with a passionate and talented team of engineers to design and build a next generation software system that runs on browsers, mobile devices, and enterprise class servers and in the cloud.
· Create software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
· Build products that integrate mapping technologies and the Esri cloud platform and services
· Assist in bringing excellent software to demanding DMZ and other networked environments
· Work in a team environment to design and develop software products and components for the management, manipulation, and display of a wide variety of data
· Bachelor’s or Master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
· A minimum of three years of software development experience
· One or more years of development experience using MicroStrategy’s Business Intelligence platform
· One or more years of geospatial software development experience
· Experience with web technologies (HTML5 and RESTful web services) for developing large web- and desktop-based software solutions and products
· Expertise with standard programming languages (C/C++/C#, Java, Objective-C)
· Strong knowledge of an RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc.)
· Knowledge of software development methodologies (RAD, RUP, Agile, SCRUM) and design techniques (UML, Entity Relationship Diagramming, Data Flow Diagramming)
· Ability to master new technology quickly and to work in a constantly evolving environment
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse team
· Background in graphics programming and WPF
· Working knowledge of Microsoft technology (.NET, WCF, ASP.NET/AJAX, XAML)
· Broad cursory experience with multiple programming languages and operating system environments
This position is based at the Esri R&D Center–Ottawa, located at 333 Preston, Suite 900, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1S 5N4. Fax number: 866-479-1826. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. The term of employment is one year and the salary is $100,000 year. Esri offers exceptional health benefits to include medical, dental and prescription coverage, life insurance, long and short term disability, company matching and profit sharing contribution to DPSP, paid vacation, competitive salaries, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.