Get similar jobs by email for
Software Developer – Business ...
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to help lead development of a system used worldwide by thousands of users and organizations? Work with and grow a passionate and talented team of engineers to design and build a next generation software system that extends the ArcGIS platform with business analysis capabilities and provides access to a wide range of data from demographic to landscape.
· Lead the team of talented developers working on Esri Business Analyst products
· Participate and assist in creating software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models
· Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
· Assist in bringing excellent software to our users
· Work in a team environment to design and develop quality software products and components for the management, manipulation, and display of a wide variety of data
· Manage new initiatives through the full lifecycle, including performing technical management and overseeing implementation and adoption
· Perform management tasks, including workload planning, management reporting, and process improvements
· A minimum of ten years of software development experience
· Five or more years of development experience using Esri ArcObjects
· Experience with Esri products, specifically ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS for Server (including ArcSDE)
· Expertise with standard programming languages and technologies (C/C++ and C#; Python; COM; .NET)
· Expertise with Microsoft technology (Visual Studio, .NET Framework, WinForms, WPF)
· Experience with SQL and RDBMS (Oracle or MS SQL)
· Knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile and SCRUM)
· Ability to master new technology quickly and to work in a constantly evolving environment
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse team
· Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field, depending on position level
· Working knowledge of Git, Microsoft TFS, and Microsoft Project
· Experience with system design and UML
· Knowledge of service oriented architecture (SOA), client/server, and distributed system design
This position is based at the Esri R&D Center–Ottawa, located at 333 Preston, Suite 900, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1S 5N4. Fax number: 866-479-1826. E-mail email@example.com for more information. The term of employment is one year and the salary is $107,000 year. Esri offers exceptional health benefits to include medical, dental and prescription coverage, life insurance, long and short term disability, company matching and profit sharing contribution to DPSP, paid vacation, competitive salaries, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.