Get similar jobs by email for
Software Designer - Mobile App...
Okta Software Canada Inc.
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service. Built from the ground up in the cloud, Okta securely and simply connects people to their applications from any device, anywhere, at anytime. Okta integrates with existing directories and identity systems, as well as thousands of on-premises, cloud and mobile applications, and runs on a secure, reliable and extensively audited cloud-based platform.
More than 2,000 customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, MGM Resorts International, Shire Pharmaceuticals and Western Union, use Okta to improve employee productivity, increase supply chain efficiency and revenue and improve compliance. The thousands of enterprises and cloud vendors, as well as the millions of people using Okta, are the foundation of the industry's fastest growing IT network for the cloud and mobile world. Okta is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Khosla Ventures and Sequoia Capital. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
We are looking for experienced Software Designers to join the Mobile team. This team is leading the expansion of Okta’s vision to manage identity and application access on every connected device – smartphone, tablet, wearable, laptop, desktop, etc.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collect and document users’ requirements and develop logical and physical specifications;
· Research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software, with respect to the Mobile team;
· Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer and cloud-based systems;
· Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs;
· Plan, design and coordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of mobile apps, web services, and mobile related parts of our integrations with applications and service providers; and
· Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
Education and Training:
1 or more years of experience with:
· Java with Spring, Hibernate, Maven
· Experience with Mobile – iOS or Android apps
· Knowledge of Programming Languages, including: HTML; XML Technology (XSL, XSD, DTD); Java; Java Script; Java with Spring, Hibernate and Maven; JSP; CSS; Servlet; Object-Oriented programming languages; Operating systems, including: Environment – Client/Server, Linux; Computer and Technology Knowledge, including: Networking software, hardware and security; servers; Enterprise Applications Integration (EAI); Security software; Programming software; HTML editing software; Database software; Software development; SQL; TCP/IP
Nice to haves:
· MDM/EMM experience
· SSO, IDP or MFA experience
· Identity and security experience
1. Wage: CAD$95,000.00
2. Benefits: Based on our company benefit policy, group insurance including: medical, dental, vision care, life insurance and disability benefits. Other: Paid cell phone, mobile hotspot, and limited home internet service.
email@example.com Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-SA1