Get similar jobs by email for
Senior IT Consultant
About Pure IT:
We provide the highest level of technical expertise and problem solving possible for our clients and this only comes as a result of our drive for continuous learning, innovation, team approach, and client dedication. We’re so passionate about this that we look for proactive ways to help our clients through technology and fabulous support making recommendations based on saving customers time and money and providing our customers with excellent infrastructure that is rock solid and supports their business objectives. We pride ourselves in being open – openly communicating with each other at all levels including having a real open door policy and including team members in decision making. We believe in supporting the success of our team members and the innovation and creativity we embrace from our team members allows us to achieve continued success. Team isn’t just a word around here, it’s our way of doing business and building success. We love to grow and develop our team members so that we can promote them and support them in the next stage of their growth.
You are a geek at heart who loves to talk with people and you have a passion for customer service. Others describe this as your natural approach to your work. You love cutting edge technology and think its fun to work with and learn about new and innovative technologies and products. As a result, you thrive in a continuous growth environment, love project work, and take control of your own continuous learning. You take pride in handling customer issues quickly, consistently follow-up to ensure they’re satisfied and you maintain strong relationships with your fellow team members and clients. Taking the stress out of IT management for your clients gives you great pride knowing that your work allows your client to focus on their core business. Collaborative environments are where you really shine and you enjoy bringing your ideas forward and seeing them come to reality and seeing them support your team and clients in new ways.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for solvingour client’sIT related problems – determine solution and maintain contact with clients during resolution process.
· Monitor client network monitoring system for issues, create support tickets and provides support for desktop, network and server issues.
· Monitorclientsupport queue for issues and responds to issues in a timely manner.
· Installation, maintenance and support of servers, desktop systems, printers, network equipment, etc.
· Provide remote and on-site maintenance and support for various issues.
· Audit and document client’s IT environment, equipment, processes and procedures.
· Setup Hosted Cloud services and provide ongoing support
· Research(self learning) and implement new technology
· Project management
· Client IT infrastructure/network detail health/security assessment and recommendations
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving abilities
· Strong communication and follow up skills
· Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work effectively under pressure
· Customer service orientation
· Dependability and punctuality
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Goal and results oriented – highly motivated to succeed
· Professional maturity and sound judgment
· Commitment to self development and to the team
· Planning, organizing and time management
· Excellent knowledge on server hardware(HP, Dell)
· MCSE (Server Infrastructure) or MCITP (Server Administrator) Certification – (Required or must be actively working towards this certification)
· Technical diploma or degree - preferred
· A minimum of five years experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting the following is essential:
o Windows Servers - 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 Server
o Microsoft Small Business Server (2003, 2008, 2011)
o Virtualization Technologies – Hyper-V, VMware
o Exchange Server 2007, 2010, 2013
o Windows Clients – XP Professional, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
o Antivirus and related security products (such as Kaspersky corporate AV products)
o Backup systems (such as Shadow Protect, Backup Exec)
o Networking technologies (TCP/IP, Routing, Firewall technologies, switch technologies and VLANetc)
o Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)
o Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
o Excellent knowledge on server hardware (HP,Dell)
o UPS Technologies
· Experience in the following is an asset:
o Internet Information Server
o Sharepoint Services
o SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
o Citrix Metaframe / Presentation Server / XenApp
o Network Management systems
o Office 365
o Cloud computing
o Disaster Recovery and High availability solutions
o SAN (iSCSI and Fiber channel) and NAS solutions
o Cisco products
o Microsoft System Center Suite
We offer a comprehensive total compensation package, including salary, performance based bonus plan, extensive benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, short term and long term disability, vacation and personal days.
If these attributes describe you, please hit the apply button and include your cover letter, resume, availability and salary expectations. We look forward to hearing from you!