This is the number one HR role in Canada which is responsible for developing organization strategies by identifying and researching human resource issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resource objectives in line with organizational objectives. This people leader will implement human resource strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and compliance..
- Working with the U.S. HR best practices team to implement the methodology, deliver and manage Human Capital projects across Canada
- Provide coaching and direction to the Canadian Leadership Team while setting the tone as the people Leader, of fairness, integrity along with being someone that can be a key trusted advisor
- Bring value and have the experience to offer strategic and operational experience to the Leadership Team and through to staff level
- 15 years + experience as a HR Director or #1 HR Leader at a national level, leading talent management, employee engagement, organizational development, performance management, change management, payroll and recruitment initiatives
- Manage the Canadian Human Resource budget, work with the Canadian leadership team during planning cycles; manage monthly and year end reporting
- Oversee the management of benefit and RRSP plans; develop strategies to engage employees through a valued rewards program
- Experience designing, developing, or implementing existing HR programs to support business goals
- Have the experience reporting to a U.S. SVP HR and balancing the Canadian teams initiatives
- University degree with 10+ years at Director level or above
- CHRP an asset; bilingual English and French language skills would be an asset
- Knowledge of provincial employment laws a must
- Proven track record as a progressive Human Resource Director or VP in a smaller/mid-sized company who is open to rolling up their sleeves to reach corporate goals
- Characteristics: engaging, persuasive, credible, an excellent communicator, someone who consistently shows good judgment and stands by their word
If this role describes your skills, experience and personality please send your resume in a word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. Wendy Shully & Associates Inc. would like to thank all interested candidates however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for reviewing this role profile.