Alberta Blue Cross is seeking senior business analysts to lead business process and requirements analysis for projects. The business analyst will be responsible for mentoring junior business analysts in the areas of requirements documentation, testing strategies, modeling techniques, standards and tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with clients to gather and effectively capture complex business requirements at an advanced level.
- Document requirements using use case modeling or other concepts depending on the audience.
- Liaise with the technical staff to provide the business perspective during system analysis and design phases.
- Work with the project manager to plan the day to day management of the business analysis, design, development and testing tasks. Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Participate in the test plan development process by working collaboratively to develop test cases, scenarios, and specifications that assess whether the system satisfies all of the business requirements.
- Actively participate in project review meetings providing status updates to the business sponsor and project manager.
- Identify any potential schedule or project problems and provide solutions to alleviate the problems.
- Support the development of the user training documentation for business users to ensure effective and efficient use of the new systems.
- Coordinate the efforts of other business analysts.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Completion of a software development technical institute or university diploma/degree program is required.
- A minimum of ten years direct experience in the areas of business analysis and user acceptance testing.
- Strong facilitation skills that will be utilized in conducting user workshops to define requirements.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in Unified Modeling Language (UML), including but not limited to activity diagrams, use cases, sequence diagrams etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both the user community and technical teams.
- Experience in drawing out requirements from the business teams and effectively communicate those requirements to the technical teams.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to recognize symptoms, diagnose causes and identify alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visio.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Decision-making ability and demonstrated leadership potential is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to pay persistent attention to detail, while maintaining an overall view of the situation and the “big picture”.
- Ability to multitask and meet the challenges of a fast-paced changing environment.
- Working knowledge of/experience with Project Management body of knowledge and software development methodologies would be beneficial.
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.