Are you passionate about books, gifts and lifestyle products and delivering world-class customer service during the holidays?
If so, Indigo may be the Right Fit for you!
Indigo has become more than the traditional bookstore. In addition to our incredible selection of books, we now offer quality gifts, lifestyle products, toys and games, all of which make Indigo a dynamic, creative place to work.
As a CER, you deliver inspirational customer care throughout the Indigo store. You play a critical role as the first and last point of contact for our customers. You sell our books and life-enriching product lines with passion and enthusiasm, and provide a delightful, inspiring experience to each customer every time they visit our stores.
The seasonal period is from October to January. You must be available a minimum of 3 shifts per week, including evening and weekend shifts throughout the holiday period. Please note that this availability requirement does not guarantee hours and your schedule will be based on the needs of the business.
What’s The Job?
- Adding joy to our customers’ lives and finding new, meaningful ways to improve the customer experience
- Building customer relationships by uncovering their stories, getting to know their needs and recommending product selections they feel good about
- Sharing your passion for Indigo’s unique assortment of books and life-enriching products, and generating excitement about new products, promotions and programs
- Connecting with communities by leading and supporting Indigo events with the highest degree of professionalism
- Contributing to Indigo’s amazing team spirit
- Using merchandising standards to create a visually appealing, stimulating store
Who We’re Looking For
Enthusiastic people persons
You enjoy interacting and having fun with people. You have a desire to leverage your energy and confidence to make positive customer connections. You’re engaging and have outstanding communication skills. If you’re applying for a job in Quebec, you must be fluent in English and French.
Dynamic and committed salespeople
You understand and can deliver world-class customer service. You love the satisfaction of connecting customers with our products. You are able to learn and implement effective sales techniques. While you’re light-hearted, you’re also responsible and take your commitments seriously.
Flexible problem solvers
You’re able to work both independently and within a team, and you can embrace change in support of our ever-changing business. You leverage your skills to enable you to manage multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities and stay organized. As a key part of this job, you will use initiative and demonstrate creativity in solving problems.
- Previous employment in retail or the services sector
- Have worked in sales or merchandising
- Knowledge of Indigo product lines and offerings is an asset
Does this sound like you?
Apply now and learn more about how you can enrich your life with a career at Indigo!
You'll love working at Indigo.
Indigo Books and Music Inc. is an equal opportunity employer