Research & Development Chemist
Science/Research [ View All Science/Research Jobs ]
WHO WE ARE:
SynOil is a privately owned Canadian company that supplies, handles and distributes base commodity fluid products to the Western Canadian Oilfield. Our subsidiary – SixOne Enterprises – recycles fluids and offers complete fracturing fluid management to oil and gas companies. SynOil is currently looking for a permanent, full-time RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT CHEMIST at our Laboratory office in Calgary, Alberta North East.
R & D CHEMIST JOB DESCRIPTION:
Candidates applying for the CHEMIST position are or may be required to:
• Conduct research for fluid and blend development.
• Conduct a wide variety of laboratory tests on new and recycled fluids involving hydrocarbon field samples from producing gas and oil wells and acid blend compatibility with crude oil.
• Advise on the quality of fluids to identify development needs for current products.
• Maintain chemicals and supplies in the lab.
• Develop and maintain safe fluid handling procedures and safety records.
• Be a proven team member, known for the ability to build relationships internally and externally.
• Be able to translate highly complex ideas in layman’s terms.
A Research & Development Chemist is required to be a product development and analysis specialist, providing feedback to the company with regard to fluid and acid products.
Candidates applying for the CHEMIST should have the following skills, training and/or experience:
• Experience in the oilfield - practical experience of at least one year.
• Experience with fracturing methods and oilfield production problem solving.
• A Masters degree in Chemistry with extensive laboratory hours (16 or more/week).
• Experience with pyromellitamides.
• Studies in inorganic and organic chemistry including synthetic methodology, advanced polymer science and organic synthesis.
300 - 5 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3C4
Benefits and Other Informations:
• Competitive wages and incentives.
• Life, AD & D, LTD, Medical and Dental group benefits after 3 months of employment.
• A company matching RRSP program after 3 months of employment.
Please quote the JOB TITLE and JOB NUMBER in the subject line of your email or on the cover page of your fax. When emailing, please ensure that all attachments are in a .doc, .docx or PDF format.
SynOil is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. However, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.