Get similar jobs by email for
Regional Director, Prairies/On...
H&R Block Canada, Inc. is a leader in the tax preparation industry. We are currently seeking a Regional Director, Prairies/Ontario to join our team in Calgary, AB.
We offer our associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent associates enjoy:
· free tax preparation service for associates, discounts for their families and friends
· a comprehensive group insurance package
· a stock purchase plan
· a health/fitness reimbursement program
· an employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan
High Level Leader that manages the overall client experience/retention program, strategies and services, associate development, and sales and profitability by supporting District Managers within a given Region.
Approximately 50% of the time in this position will require travel between various tax offices and districts in the area. Travel may also be required to attend company-sponsored meetings and training.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Champions and advocates the overall client experience; setting high standards for strong guest culture and providing superior knowledge and support services to the District Managers within a region.
· Owns and ensures the field teams consistently build strong relationships to deliver a great experience that brings value and exceeds client expectations. Responsible for assisting to develop and strengthen customer relationships, managing and growing business, and bringing knowledge and expertise to both the clients and store team.
· Drives a respectful team culture centered on open communication, sharing, listening and personal recognition of team members at all levels.
· Provide meaningful feedback through active performance management which includes conducting performance appraisals and assisting District Managers with employee relations and development.
· Participates in strategic planning along with other field leaders to ensure that the direction of the business is appropriate and positioned to achieve its goals and objectives
· Identifies methods to continuously improve business performance and operations of the offices in compliance with company policies/procedures.
· Reviews monthly/annual budgets and insures targets are met. Adjusts operating plans to meet or exceed the district performance goals. Recommends to management long-term solutions affecting the overall business direction
· Reviews labor costs and variances from established budgets to ensure labor costs are consistent with the budget estimates.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Minimum of two years proven experience in a Regional Director role or other equivalent role with multi-unit locations.
· Three to five years of business experience in a client based, retail or equivalent environment that includes planning, budgeting and people management
· Strong customer relationship skills with the desire and proven ability to work in a diverse work setting
· Effective management of varied workforce to include a working knowledge of organizational planning techniques including the development of goals and objectives, staffing, and work standards
· Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills that apply to all levels of the organization
· Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work initiatives while meeting deadlines
· Proven analytical and problem solving skills
· Willingness to work irregular schedules
· Valid driver’s license required