From the Canadian Arctic to the Andes, from the Java Sea to the gold mines of Africa, you'll find Optech's range of award winning, market-leading lidar applications. Based in Toronto, Canada and with operations and staff worldwide, Optech offers both standalone and fully integrated lidar and camera solutions Optech is a pioneering company who put lidar technology on the map. Over its 40 years of existence, Optech has designed, manufactured and fielded innovative imaging systems for applications on the ground, on water, in the air and even in space. We are currently seeking a Photogrammetric Test Technician to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Technical Analysis Supervisor, this position is responsible for the testing and integration of airborne survey products and documenting test results; participating in optical calibration, researching sensor characterization and calibration techniques, all while interacting effectively with cross functional teams.
- Maintain, develop and define new and existing software tools for testing products
- Provide input on latest methodologies and technologies in the field of Photogrammetric software development.
- Perform test and integration on airborne survey products using appropriate test equipment and test facilities; Ensure that test results are properly documented and filed; Generate performance reports.
- Troubleshoot and repair of systems that fail test; Interact with other functional groups to remedy any design flaws; Participate in system integration and debugging
- Be involved in optical calibration, researching sensor characterization and calibration techniques. Perform testing and calibration in accordance with existing procedures. Calibration includes optical, electronics and mechanical work.
- Respond in timely and effective manner to questions, issues or concerns from internal customer support representatives or external client base
- Assist with the administration, direction and delivery of Optech training programs.
- Perform data analysis and data quality control to post flight processing by running the main processing software, special quality analysis programs or visualization
Qualifications and Skills:
- M.Sc in one of the following disciplines: Photogrammetry, Civil Engineering, Geomatics and Geodesy
- Minimum of 5 years working with aerial imagery and/or sensors
- Strong analytical background in photogrammetric and optical calibration principles
- Experience in aerial imaging operations, surveying, flight planning, establishing ground control, and software development highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work well and communication with a broad variety of people and backgrounds; and ability to work well with cross functional and management teams
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Customer oriented – Ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff and management at all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel to customers sites
- Eager to learn and grow with the company