JOB POSTING: PAYROLL AND HR ADMINISTRATOR
Reporting to the Assistant to the President the Payroll and HR Administrator will be responsible for payroll, benefits, and pension administration. The ideal candidate will participate in the ongoing, proactive processing and support management’s administrative needs.
- Oversee payroll data to produce accurate and timely payroll, ensures compliance with all applicable federal and provincial legislation.
- Manages the garnishment process, including interpretations, employee notifications, payments, and termination notifications.
- Manages weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll related reports
- Oversee tax filing responsibilities including jurisdiction registration, EFT processes, respond to agency inquiries.
- Manages year-end payroll related functions, year-end process with payroll vendor including T-4s, Releve-1, final tax filings, etc.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll, time and attendance and benefits.
- Responsible for all employee benefit and pension administration including enrollment, life event changes, terminations, benefit arrears, billings & remittances.
- Act as primary contact for HRIS with other departments.
- Operational & Functional System Support
- Develop, update, and modify codes, tables, reports, and other system applications for standardization. Administer and maintain security for users and user groups.
- Designs ad-hoc payroll/HRIS reports for use by the organization; analyzes the reports for data integrity and initiates corrective action necessary to ensure data integrity.
- Act as a contact with all HR & Payroll vendors.
- Implement and maintain internal controls that ensure integrity of payroll accounts and data.
- Support staff with benefits and pension related questions.
- Support and administer staff pension and benefits.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and car.
- Ability to work anywhere in the Local 1 Canada jurisdiction.
- Hours of work are whatever is required to meet various deadlines under the job requirements.
- Required to follow policies and procedures as set out by Local 1 Canada.
- Further requirements and details will be outlined during the interview.
- 3 or more years of Human Resources administrative experience including payroll processing and HRIS experience
- Experience with the full payroll cycle process; including time/ attendance, tax filings, garnishments and compliance requirements
- Experience with benefit and pension administration
- Understanding of federal and provincial employment related regulations and their applications
- Strong analytical, communication, time management, organizational skills with strong attention to details
- Experience in creating and delivering required training and support
- Ability to work independently/remotely within a fast paced environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems
Salary and other terms and conditions are commensurate with experience. Please note that the Employer reserves the right to transfer, or assign staff anywhere within the organizations jurisdiction.
Written applications detailing qualifications and experience should be submitted to
Human Resources at email@example.com
no later than 4:30 PM on Monday January 27 , 2014.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Our organization is committed to diversity in its workplaces and welcomes applications from all visible minority groups, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities, among other self-identified diverse groups.