Get similar jobs by email for
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (AUTOMOT...
Our client loacted in Oakville and a Tier 1 supplier is currently looking for Immediate 2 Production Supervisors.
Supervises assembling of automotive parts to ensure customers' requirements are maintained.
· All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company
Policy, local, provincial and/or federal rules and regulations;
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
· Awareness and understanding of Environmental Policy (ISO 14001)and Quality Policy (QS 9001) guidelines and how the position's responsibilities impacts on environment and quality;
· Shows leadership to the workforce by his/her decision-making skills, motivational efforts, fairness and consistency so that employees are well aware of their performance and individual importance in the department;
· Personnel performing work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of ongoing training, appropriate education, skills and experience;
· Adheres to general and real-time supervisory expectations and guidelines as established by the company;
· Performs other duties as required by supervisors/managers to keep pace with changes in
scope of work.
· Organizes manpower to ensure production requirements are met on a daily basis;
· Monitors workcells to ensure production operators aremaintaining quality and throughput;
· Tracks, documents and administers, attendance, discipline, employees' needs, vacations, time sheets for payroll, investigates accidents, and trains new employees according to QS 9000 work instructions;
· Enforces proper bar coding and labeling of parts;
· Coordinates action plans with Quality Department to ensure customer requirements are achieved;
· Monitors, follows and updates work instructions as required;
· Coordinates with Plant Manager to establish new program launches;
· Prepares daily production report from all workcells for the manager;
· Monitors mechanical failures of equipment and contacts maintenance for repairs;
· Studies improvements on production methods to enhance productivity and efficiency.
EDUCATION: College Diploma in Business Administration or related field.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES AS FOLLOWS BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Strongcommunication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills;.
· Knowledge of quality standards and computer proficiency in Excel and Word Software;
· Ability to plan, manage time and solve problems within their scope of work;
· Proven ability to seek a team approach when necessary.
- must be able to work on a Just-In-Time System
$50,000 - $60,000 based on experience and qualifications. Contract Position
Day & Afternoon
If you're looking for a true challenge, a fun and rewarding career and you seek a friendly and dedicated team, please apply in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants; however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls, please