Get similar jobs by email for
Oracle Database Administrator
Location of employer: 120 Bremner Boulevard, 26th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 0A8
Amazon is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to design and support the persistence solutions that power Amazon’s Payments Platform. Our team is responsible for ensuring the security, performance and availability of the eCommerce payments experience supporting millions of Amazon customers (developers, buyers and sellers).
The ideal candidate will have experience with large-scale, massively concurrent, highly available distributed Oracle systems. You will be working with a group of talented and dedicated DBAs and software engineers. Your focus will be on the health of our entire application stack through the lifecycle of the system. Your experience with Oracle will be critical to your success, however as a persistence engineer, you will influence the designs of services and solutions using your knowledge multiple technologies.
As a core member of the application development team, we need someone with a proven ability to rapidly master complex new skills and concepts. You will need to be able to work independently under pressure to resolve operational issues and contribute new thoughts and ideas to solve complex issues in a multi-facet team. Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Design and implement comprehensive security solutions to protect data at rest.
· Define and develop projects that reduce operational costs and automate regular tasks.
Review and recommend logical design and be able to convert logical into physical design.
· Research and develop new technologies and approaches for building highly available persistence systems.
· Maintain our global fleet of Oracle instances as part of our on-call rotation.
Terms of Employment: Full time, permanent position
Benefits: Standard company benefits offered
Salary Range: $84,000- $140,000 /yr, commensurate with experience
· Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years relevant experience, with at least 2 years support Oracle 10g/11g on Unix/Linux
· Experience in a 24X7 production environment
· Working knowledge of Oracle DBA best practices
· Experience in working with High Availability solutions
· Good working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., shell, perl, python).
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Detail oriented, agile, flexible
· Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities