On behalf of our high profile client here in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an Oracle Business Intelligence Reports Developer with our clientfor a contract or permanent opportunity.
As the right candidate for this position you will have a broad knowledge of BI reporting tools, and lead the analysis, design and review of existing or proposed system features and requirements and devises computer programs, systems and related procedures.
You will lead the development and sustainment of business intelligence reports as part of the Integrated Reporting program. This includes understanding the requirements of the end to end BI solution, defining the standards and best practices for the development team, and conducting code reviews for junior Programmer Analysts.
Your responsibilities include:
- Conducts code reviews, defining standards and best practices to other Programmer Analysts and other developers for:
o Detailed Design of BI layer data model, reports and dashboards.
o Development of common test data and test conditions.
o Development and test of BI reports/dashboards and RPD BI Layer.
Information Delivery and User Experience duties:
- Defines Oracle BI development programming and coding standards and best practices to the development team.
- Provides OBIEE subject matter expertise to other report developers within the organization community (e.g. review code, investigate defects, development standards/best practices).
- Leads testing and performance tuning for the development team, including defining approach and scope of testing for OBIEE reports and data model, OBIEE application install and configuration, OBIEE code .migration and Multi-User Development (MUD) environment set-up and maintenance.
- Leads development of reporting end-user security access model.
- Planning and delivery end-user training.
- Assists users with building and tuning reports.
- Perform operation activities such as report enhancements and data model extensions
- Conducts training and knowledge transfer of technology and functionality.
- Designs and develops the OBIEE Answers analyses and dashboards including, graphs and charts.
- Develops automated reporting using OBIEE BI publisher.
- Plans and conducts report testing and data validation
- Troubleshoot problems and participate in quality assurance testing.
- Thoroughly documents designs, test, development standards and best practices, and end-user training material.
- Develop reports in other BI tools (Crystal, Tableau) as required.
You have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience and 2 years of managerial experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in large scale IT application development and operational support
- OBIEE 11G installation, administration, management and Business Intelligence Reporting experience.
- Expert experience with OBIEE Foundation Suite 11G tools: BI Answers ad-hoc query and reporting and Dashboard development, BI Publisher, Scorecard, Mobile, Hyperion Essbase cube development.
- Expert experience with OBIEE 11G Repository (RPD) development.
- Experience with dimensional data modeling.
- Experience with Oracle Database tools such as TOAD.
- Familiarity with other Business Intelligence reporting tools (Business Objects Crystal, Tableau, Microstrategy).
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft HR and Finance ERP systems
- Familiarity with data warehousing and data management concepts (Data Quality, MDM, metadata management)
- Experience Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (Financial/Human Resource/Student Analytics) preferre
- Experience with Java and XML programming preferred.
- Experience with Oracle 11G relational database and ETL tools.
- Experience with other BI tools such as Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau
- Ability to work independently with minimal assistance.
- Understanding of Dimensional Modeling.
- Ability to collaboration with business and I.T. organization.
- Ability to work quickly and under tight delivery deadlines with focus on details.
- Interface with key customers from all functional area.
- Ability to write and tune complex SQL and PL/SQL programs.
- Understanding of repository objects designed from ROLAP data models, hierarchies, levels,
- Understanding of OBIEE ad-hoc reports development process.
- Must have an understanding of creating maps/interactive dashboard catalog objects.
- Ability to identify, clarify, and resolve testing issues and risks, escalating them as needed,
- Knowledge of how to develop the package reporting application.
- Ability to review ongoing and proposed projects to identify opportunities for reuse and process improvement.
- Good understanding of Waterfall and Agile / Scrum development methodologies,
- Proficient in OBIEE BI Publisher development including creation of XML data templates,
- Able to articulate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Resourceful and quick learner, able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed.
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies, demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities.
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
- Ability to drive work effort from a customer focus perspective - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint.
- Strong analytical skills - strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a Word version of your resume HERE!
**Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
We get it.
We get technology. We get people. We get you don’t want cyborgs taking over the office and running the show. When there‘s a problem, everyone wants the right person for the job. The kind of person who is brilliant, efficient, technically savvy and who can communicate with everyone else. We know these kinds of people.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
You have greater day-to-day issues to manage. Ignite will solve your immediate IT needs with little delay or effort. It’s what we do best.
We’re wired for people.
Follow Ignite on Twitter @ignitetechnical and become a fan on Facebook for up-to-date information about our company including job postings! To see other IT job postings, visit our Website!