Director, Marketing & Communications
Marketing & Communications
A minimum 15 month contract with the opportunity to work into a permanent position for the right individual. Full time (40 hours/week), Mon-Fri.
Vancouver, BC – 1128 Hornby St.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager is responsible for a broad portfolio of projects designed to promote Medisys Corporate Health Services. Key responsibilities for this position will be the consistent delivery of marketing campaigns that drive enrollment, timely reporting and careful coordination of marketing resources. This is a mid-level marketing position with a broad scope of activities and an opportunity to work into an increasing level of responsibility.
As an important interface with vendors, service firms, staff, suppliers and guests, this team member must at all times project a professional image and appropriate conduct. This position requires poise, tact, energy and above all else, efficiency. The incumbent is expected to demonstrate superior time management skills with all projects and priorities and complete confidentiality when dealing with private or confidential information. It is essential that the incumbent drive marketing projects to a timely completion while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Implements and executes a variety of marketing projects;
- Builds project plans to deliver on strategic objectives set by the Director of Marketing and Communications;
- Coordinates internal and external resources to complete projects on-time and within budget to maximize marketing productivity
- Where necessary coordinates media buys, ad placements or partner activities
- Ensures consistent messaging across all marketing channels and communication tools including advertising, advertorial, editorial, website, sales tools, etc.
- Responsible for briefing various stakeholders involved in each project and coordinating the collection of information from internal subject matter experts required to create and design marketing materials
- Develops or implements tools or processes to assess the return on investment (ROI) of all marketing campaigns;
- Helps develop the Medisys brand through timely communication to clients, partners and prospects
- Helps drive enrollment in Medisys corporate health plans to ensure maximum participation from eligible employees
- Ensures optimal efficiency and output from writing and design resources
- In consultation with the Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications may be required to create first drafts or creative briefs of marketing materials to guide other resources in material development
- Work closely with sales to maximize results;
- Maintain relationships with top-level internal and external stakeholders;
- Perform other related duties to contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Conduct market research as needed, analyze data and prepare reports and documents examples of which would include timely updates to competitive analyses and assessment of demand for new health services
- Assist with the design, development and delivery of new marketing collateral including event displays, promotional brochures, direct mail, invitations, sponsorship and other materials as needed
- Provide monthly marketing campaign metrics
- Provide monthly reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Some administrative tasks may be required related to the marketing department
- Demonstrate at all times superior customer service to clients, prospects, contractors and staff
- A bachelor's degree in communications, business admin, marketing or similar;
- 3-5 years’ experience, ideally in a similar position within a national organization;
- A natural problem solver who is adept at finding creative solutions, removing road blocks and moving forward in a timely fashion
- Must be a positive personality who is a joy to be around, who is enthusiastic, motivated and happy
- Must have project management or product management experience
- Must have experience executing on strategic marketing plans;
- Must be resourceful and independent;
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be comfortable working on multiple projects concurrently;
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Fluently bilingual and comfortable communicating in English and French, both orally and in writing would be a significant asset
- Experience working in a national organization with operations in several geographically dispersed provinces would be a tremendous asset
- Preference given to candidates with an eye for design and a flair for marketing
- Knowlege of business applications such as Microsoft CRM, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, SuccessFactors and other productivity tools would be an asset
- Experience working in a service business would be a definite asset
- A creative thinker with a strong sense of self-confidence
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.