Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians an effective way to share feedback and help shape the future of the company. By leveraging machine learning and employee data, our systems create a continuous feedback mechanism to raise the bar on leadership and introduce positive changes in the workplace. Our goal is to help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
As a Manager, Software Development, you will have technical ownership of the development of new critical parts of this system. You will create technology that changes the face of organization management. You'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers to create innovative ways to streamline delivery. Responsibilities include managing an organization of six to twelve individuals, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about solving the toughest software challenges for passionate users; you’ll be excited by working at large scale, and you’ll have a proven record of delivering highly operable and maintainable software projects on time. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to make the systems you own better. You’ll be intensely customer focused: you understand multiple customers’ challenges and are constantly looking for ways to solve them. You have great communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
· 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 2+ years people management experience
· Experience with Ruby, Perl, Java or C/C++.
· Experience with Web services (SOA), open source solutions, and UNIX tools.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Deep hands-on technical expertise
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong business and technical vision
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive time lines with optimal solutions