Financial Reporting Manager
Are you a talented and dedicated accountant who’s seeking a challenging role with plenty of latitude and impact?
Do you have a knack for problem solving, communication, and turning numbers in into smart policies and processes?
If so, we’ve got just the opportunity for you.
We’re an automotive parts manufacturer who strives for perfection in everything we do: whether we’re providing the very best in parts to a range of clients, or making a safe and positive workplace for our employees, dedication, commitment, and consistency are the hallmarks of our ongoing success.
We’re looking to add a new member to our growing, senior financial team. If you have what it takes to excel in a leading role with a fantastic company, then we want to hear from you. Financial Reporting Manager
In this role you will be primarily responsible for coordinating and consolidating international accounts and ledgers across our company, in a global multi-currency environment. Working within monthly deadlines and a 3-day close, you’ll ensure precision and punctuality on all things financial.
Working with our finance team, you’ll review and audit monthly and year-end financial statements to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and internal policies/regulations. This will include journal entries, balance sheets, and government grants.
Beyond reporting, your role will also include some analysis. Reporting to our head of finance, you’ll catalogue trends and address areas for improvement. You’ll also bring a detailed understanding of foreign exchange markets, specifically the impact of foreign exchange fluctuations.
Finally, you’ll also be part of a team working to transition our company’s financial systems to Cognos/TM1. Using your strong, fundamental financial knowledge, you’ll provide recommendations for automating and optimizing our financial reporting systems.
Aside from your financial experience, we’ll be looking for someone who excels in:
Working With Us
- Critical Thinking – you possess excellent judgment, and use that for day to day matters like resource management, prioritization, and project planning that leads to successful outcomes
- Detail – nothing gets past you. Whether you’re dealing with the everyday or something you’ve never even seen before, you’ve got an eye out for the unexpected.
- Problem Solving – every problem is just another chance to learn and expand your skills. You enjoy and excel in solving complex problems where others fail.
- Communication – you always get your point across with coworkers, clients, and senior management: even when you’re dealing with strong personalities and conflict
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours from Monday to Friday. We offer a competitive salary that will be commensurate with your skills and experience.
We are committed to getting better every day, and work to create an environment that brings out the best in every employee, develops leaders, and rewards results.
Our employees have many reasons why they love working for us, but one thing they mention again and again is the quality of the team. Teamwork is key, and we work hard to foster a group that is motivated to get the job done, together. Qualifications
How to Apply
- CPA designation
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of, Canadian law relating to accounting/finance
- Experience in international accounting, including working with different currencies and time zones
- Experience working in foreign exchange markets
- Experience working for a public accounting firm (KPMG, Deloitte, PWC etc.)
- Experience drafting and reviewing GAAP and IFRS financial statements
- Experience working on financial compliance for the purpose of government grants is an asset
- Experience in accounting for automotive manufacturing or a related industry preferred
- Strong computer skills, and proficiency with MS Office and Cognos
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.