Get similar jobs by email for
Join our fast growing and dynamic Canadian Team. Stericycle, ULC. Canada is the largest provider of Medical and Specialized waste disposal services in North America and has locations coast-to-coast throughout Canada. We offer our employees a chance to develop their skills and abilities while working in a specialized and exciting industry. We also provide an industry leading benefits package and progressive employee development programs.
The Field Chemist is responsible for the characterization, research, packing, labeling, and any paper work required for the transportation of the material from the customer site to the facility. Position must characterize waste from customer sites through the use of Material Safety Data Sheets and further research with available tools and materials. There will also be a requirement to maintain databases, HWIN responsibilities and WMS/EMS programs.
• University or College degree in applicable field – Chemistry, environmental, biology (with some chemistry).
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Familiarity and ability to understand and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets preferred.
• Lab packing experience preferred.
• There will be heavy lifting, therefore the candidate must be physically fit.
• There will be from time to time a requirement don a full face air purifying respirator or a self contained breathing apparatus, therefore the candidate will be required to be clean shaven (training will be provided).
• The candidate will be required too travel alone or with a truck driver to various location in the province as well as time to time, other provinces as required, i.e. Vancouver Island.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the initial waste evaluation of unidentified or known products within the system to achieve proper destruction and waste generation status.
• Maintain Waste Vendor and Recycler approvals.
• Guides, advises, and assists the Client Managers and support staff in managing customer database logistics, addressing regulatory changes, and coordinating standardized customer support.
• Identify team functions and prepare for future needs.
• Provide chemical, waste and status reports as well as relevant regulatory reports as required.
• Review, update and manage MSDS database with all relevant waste streams and hazardous products.
• Other related and general duties may be required as directed from the direct supervisor.
• If required to operate a company vehicle must operate company owned vehicles in a professional and responsible manner
• Work independently
• Complete all required paperwork relating to HWIN and MSDS.
• Packing and transportation of waste chemicals at customer sites (lab packing).
• Completion of required reports with strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
• Assist with development and implementation of Environmental Management System/Waste Management System
• Other related duties as requested by direct supervisor
Career Level: Entry Level
Experience: Less than 1 year