Get similar jobs by email for
Embedded Software Engineer wit...
Position: Embedded Software Engineer with three years of Linux Kernel Driver Experience
Job ID: SW_ENG
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation
380 – 885 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6C 1N5
Intrinsyc is a product development company that provides hardware, software, and service solutions that enable next-generation embedded and wireless products. Solutions span the development life cycle from concept to production and help device makers and technology suppliers create compelling differentiated products with faster time-to-market.
Our standards of high-integrity help us deliver superior results for clients. Our values and performance have enabled us to partner with the world’s leading OEMs to create award winning new products.
Intrinsyc is the leading provider of embedded solutions for Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.’s Snapdragon technology and developer of the DragonBoard Development Kit and Open-Q System on Module. These solutions are being built using the latest 64-bit 8-core ARM highly-integrated SOCs and customized for exciting new products such as robotics, augmented reality glasses, ultra high definition 3D televisions, and many more breakthrough products.
Position: Embedded Software Engineer with minimum three years of Linux Kernel Driver Experience
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on the most advanced upcoming technology with new and exciting products not yet on the market with everyday bringing something new and challenging to work on, Intrinsyc is the place to be. Intrinsyc works with the most advanced technology available from the world’s leading technology companies, and the leading global brands to create the next-generation of intelligent connected devices. Intrinsyc works closely with silicon-vendors to include their cutting-edge processor designs in smartphones and tablets, and embedded applications including; robotics, wearables, automotive, medical, videoconferencing, digital signage, augmented reality, industrial and consumer cameras, and many more.
Intrinsyc is currently seeking Embedded Software Engineers with experience in developing and troubleshooting Android and Linux devices, especially in the Android framework, HAL, and Linux kernel areas. This embedded software engineer position is based in Vancouver, BC, Canada with some travel to the US.
Embedded Software Engineer candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed with a new team quickly. Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills are essential as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Prior knowledge of camera drivers and DSP technology is useful.
· Takes on a technical leadership role within projects, develops system specifications and provides technical guidance to the team to ensure schedules and objectives are met.
· Assist the development of Android and Linux based devices.
· Quickly ramps up and becomes a key contributor within a team of experienced Embedded software engineers.
· Fixes issues and provides technical guidance on a wide range of Linux kernel drivers and Android framework HALs from display to USB to Bluetooth to WiFI.
· Stays abreast of technical area and provides knowledge transfer to fellow team members.
· Designs or modifies Hardware Abstraction Libraries for Android support of low-level device features.
· Minimum 3 years Embedded software development experience in Linux kernel. Android experience desirable.
· Minimum 3 years of C/C++ experience. Java experience useful, but not required.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, electrical/software engineering or equivalent. Advanced technical degree desirable.
· Requires strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal).
· Experience in the integration of wide range of drivers. Multimedia and telephony experience desirable.
· Good working knowledge of embedded or mobile devices.
· Good problem-solving and diagnostic skills, in a fast-paced environment.
· Requires a solid understanding of the software development and project management life cycle.
· Language: Strong written and spoken English required.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent based in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Number of Positions: 5
Benefits: Intrinsyc offers a comprehensive industry standard extended benefits package including extended medical, extended dental, RRSP matching, life insurance, stock options, etc.
Salary Range: CDN $82,000 to $90,000, based upon experience