Get similar jobs by email for
Job Title: Instructors, English as a Second Language
Reports To: Director, Preparatory Year Program
Location: Jazan, Saudi Arabia
Passion for Teaching Knows No Boundaries
Some jobs are a great opportunity…
Then there are jobs that are a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Imagine having the opportunity to travel across the world and the rich experience of living in a different country and experiencing a diverse culture. Imagine having the opportunity to teach in Saudi Arabia.
Algonquin College is one of the largest Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology in Canada. Algonquin continues to expand its international reach with the launch of a campus in Jazan, Saudi Arabia. The Government of Saudi Arabia has entered into partnerships with leading colleges in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Spain to provide technical training to Saudis and to create a highly skilled national workforce to meet labour market needs. Algonquin College has been selected as one of the education providers for this Colleges of Excellence (CoE) model initiated by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC).
We are actively recruiting for ESL Teachers to facilitate and guide learning and provide and effective learning environment for all students.
As student registration is expected to continue to increase we are building up a pool of qualified Instructors to be able to teach in Jazan, Saudi Arabia for both current and future opportunities. These exciting teaching opportunities are one to five year contract assignments. Successful applicants will be placed in a candidate pool and will be hired as needs arise.
Responsibilities include the teaching of assigned courses, including:
· delivery of regularly scheduled instruction
· ensuring student awareness of course learning outcomes and evaluation techniques
· providing tutoring and academic advising for students both in and out of class
· providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologies and the College approved Learning Management System
· evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses
· the development and creation of a learning environment that is conducive to success for all students
The provision of academic leadership, including:
· providing guidance to students and colleagues relative to the professors’ teaching assignments
· participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees, and departmental/ faculty meetings
· liaising with community members, engaging in program and College promotion
· remaining current in the field of study and maintain awareness of emerging trends and practices related to teaching, learning in higher education and international education
• Graduate Certificate in teaching English as a second language (TESL): minimum one year program (specify institution, length of program and year of completion)
• Minimum of an Undergraduate Degree. Preference will be given to applicants with a Master’s Degree in Education, Linguistics or TESL (specify institution and year of completion).
• Experience teaching ESL internationally an asset
• Demonstrated knowledge of Algonquin College’s preferred teaching competencies as set out in the Professor of the 21st Century document: http://www.algonquincollege.com/employee-pd/documents/prof-21-expanded.pdf
• Computer literacy
• Strong knowledge of various language software programs preferred
• Strong background and knowledge in ESL curriculum development preferred
• Ability to work in ESL and TESL programs preferred
Attractive compensation package including annual bonus, travel, accommodation, vacation, benefits, as well as comprehensive orientation. If you possess a sense of adventure, are culturally aware and a have a desire to experience Saudi Arabia we want to hear from you!