Desktop Support Technician
Up to $80,000 per year, based on experience
Uline – Shipping Supply Specialists
"The people I work with are as passionate as I am."
"I came to Uline for a job. Instead, I found a career."
Uline is North America's leading distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies. We're a family-owned company known for our incredible customer service and quality products. Our people make the difference.
We're looking for the best and brightest to take our IT department to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in Desktop Support or as a Help Desk Technician, Uline is the company for you.
Uline seeks a Desktop Support Technician for its branch in Edmonton, Alberta.
Join us to experience why Uline has been designated with the Forbes 2016 America’s Best Employers award.
Come join our rapidly growing team!
- Administer all IT equipment – desktop computing, Wintel servers, printers, telephone instruments and equipment, video conferencing, switches, routers, and other general networking equipment.
- Diagnose problems, train users and provide desktop and mobile computing support.
- Coordinate with vendors on basic facility issues including new wiring installs, UPS battery tests, network cable runs and desktop / cubicle moves.
- Apply software patches / upgrades and respond to user requests as needed.
- Perform pro-active maintenance on all computing equipment.
- Manage building facility including HVAC, office and telecom equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A+ or Microsoft MCSA certification preferred.
- Experience with AS400, Avaya, Windows Server 2008 / 2012, Win7 and Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013.
- Working knowledge of remote connectivity software such as RDP, Citrix and Cisco VPN.
- Basic understanding of Cisco switches, routers and TCP / IP networking.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, administration, creation of user accounts and Internet email.
- Excellent communication, time management and problem solving skills.
- Available on-call some nights and weekends.
- Full benefit coverage – medical, dental, vision, life.
- RRSP with company match.
- Generous paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- 3 bonus programs.
Please visit www.uline.ca/jobs to learn more about our job openings and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please click the “APPLY” button to submit your resume for immediate consideration!
Uline is an Equal Opportunity Employer