Corporate IT Services, Team Lead
Who We Are
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is a leading organization at the heart of Canada’s Internet. We shape our country’s Internet infrastructure, employ cutting-edge technologies, and push the bounds of possibility. CIRA manages Canada's .CA domain name registry, develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet community and is a prominent voice on issues of national and international importance relating to Internet governance.
With over two million .CA domain names registered and growing, CIRA has experienced significant growth over the last few years and has recently been named by AON Hewitt as one of Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium sized employers for 2015. We are looking for talented professionals who are passionate about the future of the internet and who value working with a seasoned team.
The Corporate IT Services, Team Leadoversees, and is responsible for the on-going support, administration and maintenance of CIRA’s corporate servicesand CIRA's high availability Information Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure with a focus on Windows System Administration and VOIP technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Team Lead Activity
- Manage and coordinate day to day and base system admin operations activities.
- Manage Corporate IT staff.
- Meet weekly with department managers to summarize on-going team activity and manage cross-functional support requirements.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training, and orientation of new employees.
- Review, balance, and manage requests for absence.
- Perform individual performance management reviews with staff on a bi-annual basis.
- Provide feedback and establish team and individual objectives.
- Mentor and guide staff for improved performance.
- Facilitate conflict resolution between team members or across functions within the organization.
- Act as a conduit between team and upper management.
- Champion the teams needs and foster a collaborative working environment.
- Maintain team score card and metrics.
- Manage team objective and goals.
Corporate Application Administrator Activity
- Provide standard ICT operations functions for CIRA’s infrastructure including incident management, change management, problem management, inventory management, IT continuity and other ITIL disciplines as adopted by CIRA.
- Provide day to day support, administration and management of all corporate services and applications including but not limited to Microsoft Server, Microsoft Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2010, BES, SQL Server.
- Ensure corporate security policies are implemented and enforced on all systems.
- Develop and maintain all related ITIL procedures.
- Plan and participate in regular disaster recovery exercises.
- Perform and report on regular capacity planning exercises.
- Participate with infrastructure design and deployment.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date infrastructure monitoring, documentation and diagrams.
- Assist with budget planning and recommendations.
- Install, configure, and maintain servers, workstations and IP phones.
- Configure hardware, workstations and peripherals.
- Manage and support the mobile phone deployment and group plans.
- Manage and maintain boardroom equipment effectiveness (projector, conference telephone, AV equipment).
- The Corporate IT Services, Team Lead is required to be available 24/7 for emergency response and support as part of an on-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Corporate Applications, Team Lead and/or Manager, Operations.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- A College Diploma in Computer Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent customer support skills.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with Microsoft Windows 2000-2012 server.
- A minimum of 4 years experience with Microsoft enterprise level server software – Exchange, SQL Server, Active Directory.
- Experience with MS Sharepoint.
- Experience with Hardware platform (Dell, HP, IBM, Cisco UCS).
- Experience with virtualization platform (VMWare).
- Experience with remote desktop technologies.
- Proficiency with various flavours of hardware (IBM, Dell, HP, Cisco)
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- MCSE Windows 7 or equivalent experience.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP).
- LAN and WAN administration certification (i.e. CCNA,CCDA).
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification and/or CISSP certification.
- Security Clearance.
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager and Cisco IP Phones.
- Experience with Mac Software and Mac Operating systems in particular Leopard and Snow Leopard.
- Ability to automate laptop and server builds using deployment tools like Dell’s KASE (or similar software).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Blackberry devices and software including BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server).
- Experience with F5 Load Balancers.
- Knowledge of Linux (Red Hat or Centos).
- Basic networking experience.
- Experience with IPv6.
Proficiency in English is essential, French language skills are an asset.
CIRA offers a fast-paced, challenging work environment in a dynamic, growing organization full of talented team players. CIRA provides competitive salary, generous benefits, and a location in the heart of downtown Ottawa.
To apply for this role or to learn more about the advantages of a career with CIRA please visit http://cira.ca/careers/.