Rising Edge Technologies Ltd. specializes in every aspect of the Medium and High voltage industry. At Rising Edge Technologies, our team leads the way in implementing new technology in addition to maintaining and updating existing facilities. Our industry knowledge allows us to deliver a quality service on time and on budget. Rising Edge Technologies offers experienced personnel who are competent in all segments of power systems operation, installation and maintenance.
Currently, an opportunity exists for a Business Controller based out of our Calgary office location.
Salary range: Commensurate upon the individual’s experience. Plus overtime, annual increases and bonuses. Overtime will be an expectation of this position.
• 5 or more years of progressive accounting experience in a fast past environment
• Understanding of full cycle accounting. Strong financial accounting and project reporting background
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to lead and mentor people
• Demonstrated leadership skills that have driven process improvements
• Be able to prioritize, delegate and provide technical guidance
• Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
• Shown a strong business focus
• Results-driven in a high volume, fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment
• Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Quickbooks is an asset
To satisfy the requirements that this position requires, you will offer wide range of skills, including:
• Provides leadership to the accounting department that comprises of accounting and procurement staff.
• Support and oversee the accounts payable function and ensures that subcontractors and vendors meet all requirements of their contract agreement prior to payment. Ensure the accurate and timely processing of all paid transactions.
• Ensure accurate cost coding to projects ledgers and appropriate levels of approval exists for purchase orders and processing invoices. Resolving escalated discrepancies when required.
• Prepare weekly cheque run to submit for review.
• Support and ensure all invoices are capture appropriate charges and are prepared and sent to customers in a timely and accurate manner. Work closely with project management on overdue accounts to resolve payment issues.
• Prepare monthly GST returns.
• Oversee accounting entries are completed with accuracy and completeness.
• Compile monthly revenue and payable accruals.
• Completing monthly balance sheet reconciliations to review with business manager.
• Monitoring cash flow to ensure cash levels are maintained to sustain business operations.
• Work with the accounting team to complete the monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results with the business manager.
• Maintaining accounting files.
• Reporting of accounts payable, accounts receivable and purchasing functions. This includes a regular review of the AR & AP Agings and Open Purchase Order reports.
• Responsible for the consistent application of accounting policies and processes while ensuring these policies conform to the accepted accounting principles.
• Preparation of weekly payroll, including submission of company benefits, source deductions and RSPs. Ensure this is submitted by deadline to the business manager.
• Monitor credit limits on accounts to adjust for fluctuations.
• Monthly bank reconciliations and credit card reconciliations
• Asset Management.
Rising Edge Technologies Ltd. offers competitive wages, profit sharing/yearly bonus, comprehensive benefits package, Group RSP, and training programs to continuously develop employees.