Get similar jobs by email for
Chemical Lab Technologist
Our Client is a major global energy and petrochemicals company with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries. They are looking for a Chemical Lab Technologist to work at their Heavy Oil Product Quality laboratory in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.
The Heavy Oil Product Quality laboratory technologist provides analytical testing and technical support to the Heavy Oil organization including, but not limited to, operations, process engineering, process safety, internal/external customer and Product Quality.
He/she uses analytical technology creatively to meet non-routine testing requirements. He/she has the ability to use critical thinking skills to support team goals.
• Reports to the Heavy Oil Product Quality Team lead
• Works safely and supports the delivery of team HSE targets
• Responsible for delivery of environment compliance for water LTO analyses (water lab only)
• Responsible for consistently delivering quality (accurate) results in a timely fashion
• Supports inventory management for laboratory chemicals and consumables
• Complies with Laboratory Quality Management System
• Contributes to continuous improvement in laboratory safety
University Degree in Science (preferably Chemistry) or NAIT (Chemical Technology) Diploma
Minimum 2 years of relevant lab experience
CSTS, D&A Test, WHMIS, Mask Fit Test (within 6 months of starting at site).