Business Intelligence Developer
Who we are
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) is a leading organization at the heart of Canada’s Internet. We shape our country’s Internet infrastructure, employ cutting-edge technologies, and push the bounds of possibility. CIRA manages Canada's .CA domain name registry, develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet community and is a prominent voice on issues of national and international importance relating to Internet governance.
With over two million .CA domain names registered and growing, CIRA has experienced significant growth over the last few years and has recently been named by AON Hewitt as one of Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium sized employers for 2015. We are looking for talented professionals who are passionate about the future of the internet and who value working with a seasoned team of individuals who come to work each day with drive, focus, and a sense of humour.
Who you are:
You are a dynamic individual possessing experience in business intelligencewith a desire to grow within the organization and support internal data assets and business intelligence processes.
You will work in a fast-paced environment as a member of the Information Management Team supporting CIRA databases and reporting systems from a data integrity/quality perspective. You will be involved in designing and developing decision support solutions to provide business units with required information in an accurate and timely manner. You will also assist with data troubleshooting activities and production data updates as required.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop data models as per business specifications.
- Design, develop, document and support data warehouse schemas and ETL processes.
- Design and develop business intelligence solutions for internal departments.
- Respond to ad hoc data requests from departments within the organization.
- Gather specifications for reporting needs from internal partners.
- Develop processes for updating production system data as required.
- Investigate and resolve data quality issues and escalate situations according to department processes.
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience in database design and development with Oracle (10g or greater) or PostgreSQL
- 3+ hands-on experience in data warehouse modeling and development.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- 3+ years’ experience with any ETL tool.
- 3+ years’ experience developing content with professional BI software (IBM Cognos, Microstrategy, Pentaho, Business Objects)
- Experience working with open source BI software
- Experience following a well-defined software lifecycle process: design and document, release management using source repository and development testing.
- Practical experience in data management processes and procedures.
- Strong understanding of reporting/decision support system architecture.
- Practical experience in dimensional modeling.
- Experience working with predictive analytics tools (SPSS, WEKA).
- Experience working with big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Pig)
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Software development experience (java, python, perl, c++)
- ITIL Certification.
- Strong systems and data analysis skills.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and analysis.
- Strong problem resolution skills and good judgment on how to proceed with issues.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; demonstrated technical writing abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others.
- Proficiency in English is essential; French language skills will be considered an asset.
CIRA offers a fast-paced, challenging work environment in a dynamic, growing organization full of talented team players. CIRA provides competitive salary, generous benefits, and a location in the heart of downtown Ottawa.
To apply for this role or yo learn more about the advantages of a career with CIRA please visit http://cira.ca/careers/.