Get similar jobs by email for
Auditor - Provincial Governmen...
We are currently recruiting for an Auditor for a government contract position in St. Catharines. This position pays $19.00/hour and the start date is Jan 13, 2014 and the end date is approximately March 28, 2014. All applicants must go through a clearance screening process and must have a clean criminal background to be considered.
The position entails:
· Plans, conducts audit projects (e.g. compliance, financial management, value for
· Develops audit terms of reference and work plans to identify ministry risks
and measure the achievement of ministry business objectives.
· Consults with auditmanagement and Client’s to develop the frameworks to be used in describing theministry's risk management strategies; conducts assessment of the control
strategies, structures and systems of the ministry and establishes/documents the
ministry's operative control strategies and structures in identified risk areas.
· Position works under the general direction of the Manager, Risk and Assurance
Services/Senior Audit Manager and within generally accepted standards, principles
and practices for auditing, accounting, and risk management and quality systems
· Position requires knowledge of and proven experience in generally accepted auditing
standards, accounting principles, audit practices and methodologies (e.g. IIA, PSAB)
to establish/document the ministry's operative control strategies and structures in
identified risk areas or to conduct information technology audits
· Knowledge of project management methodology
· Ability to apply various analytical techniques andmethods to issues/problems.
· Knowledge of computer applications controls andcomputer assisted audit techniques to extract and analyze information contained incomputer programs; computer skills for word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, emailand database applications
Please submit your resume immediately to Hamilton@hunt.ca with the subject line “Auditor”. We thank all those candidates who apply, but only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please note that 3 professional references must be provided at interview.
Hunt Personnel is fully compliant with AODA standards and is committed to providing accessibility to all applicants.