Digital Leisure Inc. is a Canadian developer and self-publisher of video game software based in Aurora, Ontario. Digital Leisure has been involved in the development and self-publishing of dozens titles across a variety of platform including: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Steam, Windows 8, iOS and Android.
We are currently developing titles for next generation consoles and require an individual who will be an essential part of the game development team. The ideal candidate would play an important role in providing creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense to an in development game. Candidates must have refined software based drawing, illustration, and painting skills, extensive experience working with Photoshop or comparable software and a firm grasp of core artistic principles. Applicants should have a diverse skill-set, with an ability to comfortably produce character, objects and environment work. As a member of the team, you will be involved in many aspects of game development including UI, concepting, marketing material creation and a variety of other areas as required by the project.
Job Title: Associate 2D Artist
- 2+ years professional work experience producing art in a related production pipeline (Work at a game company or equivalent situation preferred but not mandatory).
- Online portfolio that clearly demonstrates 2D artwork and graphic design skills
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, as well as other Adobe Creative Suite software and applicable plug-ins
- Critical eye for colour, art, and animation
- Able to iterate quickly and openly
- Able to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies and different work methodologies
- Highly self-motivated with excellent communication skills
- Able to work well under tight deadlines and quick project turnover
- Able to work closely with a variety of team members from all fields
- Able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- Strong ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively under pressure
- Able to work efficiently both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be creative, imaginative and original
- Demonstrable skills in more than one of the following areas:
- UI/UX design
- Concept art and digital painting
- Flash/other 2D design & animation
- Creation of engaging marketing assets while maintaining brand consistency
- Web design including knowledge of web standards and best practices
- Candidate must be a Canadian citizen
Preferred candidates will also have:
- A relevant diploma or degree from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Passion for video games and design
- Exceptional understanding of game genres and various gaming consoles
- Willingness to continually learn and stay up-to-date on industry development and trends.
**Only submittals with Portfolios and/or Demo Reels will be considered.
Please email resumes and links to portfolios and/or reels to jobs at digitalleisure dot com with “Associate 2D Artist” in the subject line.