Associate – Business Communications Writer, Bell Mobility
Professional Management Program
Media and Communications at the PMP
Bell Mobility is seeking talented writers to join its Media & Communications team for its acclaimed unpaid internship at the Professional Management Program (PMP) in our state of the art Mississauga campus. Advance your writing portfolio while being part of a major Canadian brand in an open and developmental setting. Gain valuable experience in corporate communications within a multi-disciplinary media rich environment fully equipped for professional copywriters, photographers, videographers, graphic designers and 3D animators.
Candidates from Professional Writing, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, English, Media Arts and Public Relations are all encouraged to apply as projects may be customized to the candidate’s strengths and pre-dispositions. Associates and staff come from over 40 countries and world-renowned institutions likeCornell, MIT, Cambridge and Harvard.
The PMP is a holistic career transition for those with relevant communications experience garnered from academic, business or personal pursuits. This endorsed program can also meet requirements for co-op and practicumcourses of post secondary and post graduate schools.
A PORTFOLIO OF OPPORTUNITIES
- Multimedia Content Management on our internally-developed live Digital Signage system, designed to communicate up-to-date information and program developments.
- Internal Event Coverage including networking events, workshops, seminars, guest speakers and interactive collaboration activities in a journalistic format.
- Policy and Procedure Drafting in collaboration with Talent Management to ensure current content and enhance the associate experience.
- Copy Writing for program communication including brochures, sleeves, informational packages, photos and videos for timely, powerful and consistent brand messaging.
- Creative Collateral Creation for promotion, including the planning, development and execution of multimedia pieces incorporating photo, video and print channel production.
- Multimedia Workshop Development and Facilitation in your area of expertise (such as Professional Writing) to increase awareness of the communications industry and accelerate associate growth.
- Project Collaboration on multi-media outputs within cross-functional teams throughout the creative lifecycle including concept, copy, staging, post production and final output.
- Build your communications portfolio with material created under one of North America’s most innovative professional development programs.
- Apply and improve the creative and professional writing techniques gained from your educational and personal experience in a highly dynamic team based setting.
- Help develop multimedia material and collateral from concept to completion in a highly collaborative environment.
- Interact with other writing and marketing professionals and receive guidance, feedback and trade tips for a well rounded developmental experience.
- Grow professionally with hands on communication projects and cross-functional projects with the Creative, Marketing, ICT and Talent Management departments.
ADVANCED TOOLS IN A HIGH TECH ENVIRONMENT
- Experiment with innovative writing techniques using advanced, open-concept workstations equipped with dual HD monitors.
- Unlock your potential with a host of copy, media and grammar editing software including Microsoft Office 2010, WhiteSmoke, RightWriter and Adobe Creative Suite 5.
- Utilize a variety of tools to conceptualize new ideas and explore innovative approaches to communicate the program’s message to diverse audiences.
- Be inspired by and contribute to our thematic program and stock multimedia database of 100,000+ assets.
- Access a fully equipped creative studio and multimedia production materials.
- Gain appreciation for new interactive tools such as our digital publishing solution for devices ranging from tablets to large 55" multi-touch interactive screens.
HOLISTIC PROFESSIONAL ENGAGEMENT
- Be recognized for your impressive work in media and communications which can be published across various media formats including digital signage, our website and other interactive channels.
- Develop a well-rounded appreciation for corporate brand guidelines, while expressing your creative freedom.
- Increase your productivity through practicing our established communication development processes and understanding client needs from our creative briefs.
- Gain experience through the development and facilitation of interactive tutorials within our advanced Learning Lab outfitted with i7 Macbooks and large multi-touch screens.
INNOVATIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Complementing the opportunity in Media & Communications, the PMP provides substantial professional and personal development based on our highly acclaimed interactive workshops, media-rich events, career coaching and guest speakers in an engaging environment.
Throughout this developmental opportunity in a corporate environment you will receive on-the-job training, cross-functional team exposure, supportive mentorship and access to our customized reference process for career and academic pursuits. Successful associates have garnered exceptionally high placement rates within Bell and many small to large organization, as well as with various graduate programs around the globe.
Alongside understanding the dynamic telecommunications industry, you will continuously participate in projects aimed at strengthening the program, your peers, and ultimately your own development to become well-rounded professionals.
Visit http://www.thepmp.ca for a complete brochure of our key benefits and opportunities
- Positive attitude, motivated, organized and outgoing personality
- Great communication skills, detailed-oriented, problem solver, critical thinking abilities
- Responds well to constructive criticism and ability to produce results on quick turnaround
- Performs well in a rapidly evolving environment with strict deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Exposure to Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere) is an asset
- Helpful qualifications include fluency in french, vehicle access and evening/weekend availability
To view more information about the Media & Communications Department, please visit:
Apply now at http://www.thepmp.ca, attaching your resume and cover letter.
With our 96% satisfaction rate and high referral levels, the PMP receives significant applications daily. Due to the thorough nature of the recruitment process, we appreciate your patience. We thank all interested applicants; only those considered for interviews will be contacted.
Reference: Business Communications, Media & Communications
Application Code: Business Communications Writer, Technical Writer
Preference is given to applicants with the aptitude or experience in any of the following: stakeholder support and management, professional writing, brand management, corporate communication, process improvement, documentation management, information governance, correspondence review, and publishing