Get similar jobs by email for
LE CORDON BLEU is a world leader in gastronomy, hospitality and management with over 40 schools in 20 countries. In Canada our group is running both a school and a restaurant in the heritage district of Sandy Hill, Ottawa.
Working as part of a small team, the successful applicant will assist students during their study journey. With a focus on providing students with the highest level of customer service, key responsibilities of this role include, although not limited to:
- Manage Student Services Department including Student Services, Customer Services, Admissions and Resources
- Ensuring compliance of practices with provincial and federal regulations including OSAP as well as monitoring new regulations, or policies, of the Canadian Immigration & Citizenship and implement them accordingly
- Regular review and enhancement of Enrolment documents, Student Services and Academic Policy and Procedures
- Monitor students’ visa and advise students on renewal or extension of their status
- Student attendance management and reporting
- Monitor and manage the complete process of admissions & application process by regularly reviewing Student Services Policies and Procedures
- Deliver/announce information on student services, exam schedules and policy/procedures to current or upcoming students
- Organize & Supervise Academic Assessment preparation as well as Report/upload student transcripts on the government website for each term
- Supervise student Orientations, Student related activities and Graduation Ceremonies for each term by dealing directly with service providers.
- Issuance of Parchments, Diplomas and Certificates
- Organize and facilitate training session and seminars for each level.
Finalize and supervise the academic calendars for chefs and students for each session
- Increasing the overall level of customer satisfaction by showing initiative, and by implementing new as well as refining existing systems in line with Ministry’s regulations
- Monitoring of students’ progression
- Work with all Department to improve student enrolments and to organize courses for continuing education and special programs/events.
- Act as a member of the Academic Committee
- Assisting colleagues and other departments with specific projects as needed
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Clear understanding of the job’s regulatory requirements
- Proven record of working in similar roles in an education institution
- Relevant qualifications at Bachelor level or above
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet local and Head Office deadlines with minimal supervision
- Above average MS Office skills
- Outstanding customer service and problem solving skills, and experience in counseling (international) students
- Excellent personal presentation
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.