Get similar jobs by email for
AWS Program Manager II
Amazon hires people from all types of backgrounds, into positions based all over the world. We recruit the best and brightest.
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 0M3
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses. We are passionate about thinking big, innovating on behalf of our customers, and tackling problems at scale. Cloud computing is disrupting, and we are eagerly seeking talented, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join us as we continue build on the AWS platform.
The right candidate will be a self-starter, bringing together strong experience in business intelligence and data engineering, along with a roll-up-your-sleeves, entrepreneurial approach to solving problems at scale. This position requires a solution-oriented candidate with a combination of deep business acumen, knowledge of statistical best practices, and an analytical mindset. You should have strong working knowledge of the latest big-data systems and tools with a proven track record of delivering results. You must have the ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups to solve business problems and provide data solutions that are organized and simple to understand. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the AWS business. You will be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the feel of a start-up.
Amazon is an exciting environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” We do not desire to simply produce good solutions here at AWS... we want to produce disruptive, history changing innovations. This is an opportunity to join a new venture within AWS, gain top-notch experience in cloud computing, and help bring new disruptive solutions to market at massive scale.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
· Health Care
· Savings Plans
· Income Protection
· Paid Time Off
· Signing Bonuses
· Employee Stock
Salary Range: $68,300 to $114,100/yr, commensurate with experience
· A bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, or engineering is required. An advanced degree from a highly respected academic institution is strongly preferred
· 5+ years of experience with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools.
· Experience in architecting data warehouse solutions and integrating technical components
· 2+ years of experience with relational and star schema data modeling concepts
· Strong analytical skills with excellent knowledge of Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL.
· 2+ years of work experience with very large data warehousing environment
· Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
· Experience with OBIEE and AWS Redshift
· Expert understanding of ETL techniques and best practices to handle extremely large volume of data
· Advanced skills in Excel with the ability to write macros
· Proficient with MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Ability to communicate effectively across all functions and levels of the organization
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
· Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
· Excellent understanding of the cloud industry and the partners that AWS works with